It can happen to you

clintmac

Bury the fear man, and let the body heal itself. Don't rush, just be strong.

(I have an idea of what you are going through boet, I had a bad off too)

Sterkte!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too know this scenario, and unfortunately there are no words I can offer that will help.

I wish him and his family a speedy recovery and strength to get through the days ahead.

I can't imagine what happened that ended so badly, bit rest assured I will be up there as soon as I have some more details. Clint, I've sent you a pm, if possible, please could you reply and recount exactly what happened and specifically where on Snake Eyes..

A crack skull? This could have been so much worse I guess had he not been wearing a helmet.

Please guys/girls, I am still seeing riders without helmets! It does not matter how long you have been riding the trails, if an accident happens, time is not going to be your saviour!!

- sorry for hijacking your thread Clint, but without your post openly detailing the risks of mountain biking, and showing the extent of your friend's injuriies, I will continue to hear feeble excuses for pure ignorance..

Hermann should be moved from ICU to High Care today and although it is going to take some time he is already talking of getting back on the bike.

Thanks guys for all the well wishes will relay to Hermann and look forward to sharing some track again soon.

Damn dude... Not cool! Healing vibes!

What happened? And where on snake eyes?

Endo Mundo over the bars 10m from the top contour on the last drop off, take it easy going over there next time.

Speedy recovery to Hermann and glad that we where around to help out in any possible way, scary how fragile life can be!

Thanks for the help we could not have got him off without everyones help.

Endo Mundo over the bars 10m from the top contour on the last drop off, take it easy going over there next time.

The one just before the big berm, or just after the trip back up the hill?

Not cool bro. Glad to hear he's outta ICU!

Strongs to your buddie. Hope he heals quickly! Nice also to hear fellow riders/possibly strangers lending a helping hand in someone's minute of need. Kudos all!

The one just before the big berm, or just after the trip back up the hill?

Not cool bro. Glad to hear he's outta ICU!

I saw him laid out just after the second drop off before the big berm

Thanks for the help we could not have got him off without everyones help.

How's Hermann doing?