Morewood Sukuma bike build

Unclerico

Yeah, because we were told(forced) to play cricket and rugby at school?

Skateboard and rollerblading was for the "moffies...."

dunno so much about skateboarding... but rollerblading definitely was for moffies! damn fruit-booters!

:lol:

but back on topic...

I think I need to start saving for a Sukuma and sell my plastic bike!

I need a morewood full house!

Edited by patches

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha!

but yes, you get points for that! Poor Hog gets quite grumpy in the winter. All he wants to do is go for a ride.

What is quite amazing though is how the european riders as a whole (in gravity disciplines specifically) are far more skilled than we are... and they only get half a year to ride.

Just look at some of the DH WC's held in Italy etc. There are "no name" privateers getting podiums.

I guess it's the quality of the riding there that trumps our quantity all-year-round riding. That and the fact that they probably snowboard/ski during winter which must add some benefit to biking skills.

if we had that sort of gradient and ski lifts in SA our guys would be up there and able to compete. Pmb Is good I ride from,Probably takes me literally 3 minutes ride to cascades and half that to the bottom of my dh tracks which are about a 8 min shuttle up and 1:45 min down, then we have karkloof about 30 mins away,and if we are desperate giba gorge in hilcrest 45 mins away

if we had that sort of gradient and ski lifts in SA our guys would be up there and able to compete. Pmb Is good I ride from,Probably takes me literally 3 minutes ride to cascades and half that to the bottom of my dh tracks which are about a 8 min shuttle up and 1:45 min down, then we have karkloof about 30 mins away,and if we are desperate giba gorge in hilcrest 45 mins away

yeah, KZN has it quite a bit better than us Gautengers. Never heard of a DH World Champ coming from Jo'burg.

But add ski lifts and gradient and like you say, I think we'd see more SA riders able to get on the steps!

:ph34r: I'll moer you, the SB-66 without any question. I ripped off the XX junk and replaced it with XT, now it's even better that it ever was.

20mm front axle, 142 real axle, KASHIMA 36mm Fox Factory Forks and KASHIMA RP23 XV Boost, Full XT Group, Haven Wheels & Finishing Kit, Reverb-II Post....

Cant compare that to any piece of 29er junk, not even the BigTop (which i love by the way, it makes me smile, but feel gay at the same time).

Nice sticker, but shocking welding .... not as pretty as that found on my Shova :ph34r:

So this is how CT is shaping up.

I can take a bus from home, with my bike on board to CT and then ride Table Mountain ... this is nice ... but the MyCiti bus network is expanding and the following will be viable in the near future

1. Busses will be going to Houtbay soon so...

• I can take the bus to the top of Kloof Nek and do the Trails heading down either Table Mountain or Signal Hill (It will cost R5 per lift up) and I am sure the DH boys will catch on soon enough too.
  • I can head out to Houtbay and meet up with a friend who has a 60km loop through the valley or ride a rock which is just really a huge pump track adjacent to Sandy bay .... lots of motivation for this one

2. Busses will be heading out to Stellenbosch eventually in the next year or so ...

• Well we all know what the Stellenbosch area has to offer in terms of riding :)

So CT will be interesting if you just want to load up your bikes with a bunch of friends and head out riding, without worrying about traffic or finding parking etc ... :)

So this is how CT is shaping up.

I can take a bus from home, with my bike on board to CT and then ride Table Mountain ... this is nice ... but the MyCiti bus network is expanding and the following will be viable in the near future

1. Busses will be going to Houtbay soon so...

• I can take the bus to the top of Kloof Nek and do the Trails heading down either Table Mountain or Signal Hill (It will cost R5 per lift up) and I am sure the DH boys will catch on soon enough too.
  • I can head out to Houtbay and meet up with a friend who has a 60km loop through the valley or ride a rock which is just really a huge pump track adjacent to Sandy bay .... lots of motivation for this one

2. Busses will be heading out to Stellenbosch eventually in the next year or so ...

• Well we all know what the Stellenbosch area has to offer in terms of riding :)

So CT will be interesting if you just want to load up your bikes with a bunch of friends and head out riding, without worrying about traffic or finding parking etc ... :)

How I wish I lived in CT. I really envy you peeps down there. Enjoy!

A new picture of the demo bike was presented on twitter today. Hope the first batch comes to europe next week.

post-13110-0-33706600-1343337453.jpeg

Edited by Pain or Shine

post-13110-0-33706600-1343337453.jpeg

Hell no ... Myciti you bring your bike onto the bus with you ... nice to keep her warm on this cold mornings :)

Hell no ... Myciti you bring your bike onto the bus with you ... nice to keep her warm on this cold mornings :)

Ahhh, even better. Dying to see the looks cast my way after the third shuttle on a rainy day.. he he will do it just for the reaction!!

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but Pain or Shine, Omega Man and myself saw a brand spanking new Sukuma on an RP23 and RS Lyrik this morning in Tokai. So - someone has his!

Thats one of the test bikes. Has been seen a minth ago already. Mick hannah had his at crankworx already.

Guest Omega Man

It was Gary Barnard's one. Like most things in Mountain Biking pictures really don't do it justice. Gary has for a while now been Morewood's main test pilot. He was the guy who got the first Makulu up and running.

Edited by Omega Man

Well I hope the testing will make the bike as great as the makulu. Somehow I have the feeling the will arrive next week.