In alL honEsty, it's probably not worth the extra R1k-odd just for that. V

Edited by The Crow

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay - question. i950 or Lev?

Is the Lev worth the extra just for the better cable routing, or is there something I'm not getting?

AFAIK there was some side to side play with the other models. Thomson has ZERO side to side play :thumbup:

Not really. Certainly nothing more than Thomson or Reverb. Unlike the Joplin that could just about pull a 360!

My one reverb has been working flawlessly for 18 months.

My other one I've had for about 12 months so far - zero issues.

Both go up and down more times than an oke on honeymoon..

Just sayin .. :whistling:

Okay - question. i950 or Lev?

Is the Lev worth the extra just for the better cable routing, or is there something I'm not getting?

Yes.

Both my bikes run LEVs. Previously had the KS Dropzone.

Absolutely nothing wrong with them but the design of the actuator requires the cable to get a little gritty on muddy rides. Something the guys in CT know quite well. Also the cable can cause some rubbing on the paintwork of the frame over time.

The LEV also comes in 150mm drop over the 125mm of the i950.

Cable routing looks really neat. You can adjust the speed at which it pops back.

LEV rocks!

...Cable routing looks really neat. You can adjust the speed at which it pops back.

LEV rocks!

:thumbup:

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/ibis/800604d1369048173-ks-lev-rs-reverb-20130425_172201.jpg

Edited by The Crow

:thumbup:

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/ibis/800604d1369048173-ks-lev-rs-reverb-20130425_172201.jpg

I still think you have the coolest home on the hub!

And that saddle! NICE!

The LEV also comes in 150mm drop over the 125mm of the i950.

i950 also comes in a 150mm now - but the Lev is still better :)

i950 also comes in a 150mm now - but the Lev is still better :)

150mm on my Large Mojo with saddle height of 75cm meant post was slammed against collar. Something to consider when buying. If your saddle height is less than that it won't work.

150mm on my Large Mojo with saddle height of 75cm meant post was slammed against collar. Something to consider when buying. If your saddle height is less than that it won't work.

I have the same issue, only got about 15mm to the collar, so a 150mm wont work with my setup :(

Although I must say, 125mm drop is pretty adequate anyway.

Thanks.. Didn't know that.

I think its only recently, when I bought mine it was only up to 125mm

That was my biggest fear on the Mbuzi when I bought the 150mm drop. Collar is slammed against the clamp and it is 100% perfect for me. I got very lucky. I was however quite prepared to trim the frame :twisted:

• 1 month later...
First Wireless dropper (with a list of cons!) http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/12/06/transx-introduces-first-wireless-dropper-post-plus-internally-routed-mechanical-dropper/ http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/TransX-Dropper-2-600x492.jpg

fark that would scare me, electronics and violence dont mix well, imagine how that would get shaken to bits during a rock garden decent?