Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a brand new Giant dropper post that needs to go (I bought 2 but my wife doesn't want one). 30.9mm diameter 400mm long. Mine has worked brilliantly so far (only 2 months old) and I must sa it makes riding just that much more fun. Will sell for R1500 to first buyer.

Ok - I am working my way through this thread but still back in 2012.... Need to talk current....

How many Reverbs are there?

Been quoted from 3800 to 5400 for one and now wondering if there is more than one type on the market....

Will confess that the numbers make very little sense to me.

One thing I remember that the small bike has less of a drop than the medium and upward. I think 75mm vs 100mm on the ladies bikes.

I ride a med ladies Spez Rumour - what must I be aware of if I'm looking at the Reverb .

The Spez post comes in also at around 3800. So which do I go for?

Aaaand GO! :)

Ok - I am working my way through this thread but still back in 2012.... Need to talk current....

How many Reverbs are there?

Been quoted from 3800 to 5400 for one and now wondering if there is more than one type on the market....

Will confess that the numbers make very little sense to me.

One thing I remember that the small bike has less of a drop than the medium and upward. I think 75mm vs 100mm on the ladies bikes.

I ride a med ladies Spez Rumour - what must I be aware of if I'm looking at the Reverb .

The Spez post comes in also at around 3800. So which do I go for?

Aaaand GO! :)

There is only one current model of reverb, but it comes in a normal version (cable under saddle) and stealth (internal cable routing) Prices do vary quite a lot so shop around.

Reverb comes in a 125mm drop and a 150mm drop (100mm is not that popular anymore), if you're not too tall 125 should be fine - just check how much your current seat post extends from the seat tube, you need at least 125mm + however long the collar of the dropper is (about another 30 - 40mm at a guess)

Dont know too much about the spez dropper, but you cant go wrong with the reverb.

R3800 will be the regular version and R5400 the stealth.

The Reverb is tried and tested, works and has easy availability of spares and repairs. Probably also better resale value.

Thanks guys - appreciate it. Sorry I'm a girl and not great with tech speak....

Just one last check. Pic below is my bike specs - is the post more or less a one size fits all? Just want to make sure it will fit.... Bike is a medium

post-30139-0-39829100-1424356601_thumb.jpg

post-30139-0-72248900-1424356619_thumb.jpg

Edited by Da Vinci

Dropper posts are not bike specific, but they have different diameters, from what I see in the spec sheet your seat tube is 30.9mm, so you will need to get a 30,9mm post.

The 125mm drop one also comes in 380mm and 420mm lengths, I would go with the 380mm based on your seat tube length.

Just remember to measure your seat post at its current height and make sure you have at least 165mm protruding from the seat tube, if its less you may have to look for one with 100mm drop.

Also remember that with the Reverb you have to specify right or left actuation lever, ie do you want the actuation lever on the left or right.

Yep, but if you have SRAM shifters or brakes you can mount it underneath them on the other side!

I've got a right side lever mounted under my left side brake, its very neat and out of way :)

Thanx Goose!

You're welcome... best upgrade you will ever do on your bike!

Also remember that with the Reverb you have to specify right or left actuation lever, ie do you want the actuation lever on the left or right.

True, however a lot of people will use a right hand actuator on the left, and then it fits underneath the handle bars, instead of on the top

True, however a lot of people will use a right hand actuator on the left, and then it fits underneath the handle bars, instead of on the top

Underneath the bar is the only way to do it if you ask me.

Yep, but if you have SRAM shifters or brakes you can mount it underneath them on the other side!

I've got a right side lever mounted under my left side brake, its very neat and out of way :)

^^ :thumbup: