Knysna Oyster festival mtb results

I have checked the Racetec site for the mtb results from Saturday BUT only see the road event results,does anyone know where we can get them from !

The rain stayed away so the whole week ends cycling was great.I just wish they could do away with the Simola hill climb.

How were the MTB races? I was hoping to see more feedback already. We used to go every year but skipped it for the past 3 years as it's just become a bit of a schlep from Cape Town for what really is an average race. I guess a case of "been there, done that". Based on the reports, we're definitely going to try the Gansbaai event next year.

Definitely overrated, single track was absent on the 80km route. Can't see any reason why I would return in 2013

I rode the "80km" route in 2010 and the 100km road ride. I thoroughly enjoyed both, but decided to enter the 50km MTB ride this year as I've hardly done any mountain biking due to work this year ( :thumbdown: ).

I had my GoPro with me and took a load of videos and actually just enjoyed the ride (not the race). I have to agree with some of the sentiment around this ride - I don't see myself doing it in future. It's an expensive weekend to do some "races" along jeep tracks in Knysna forest. The vibe in Kynsna during the Oyster Festival is really cool - I think next year I might just come up and ride Harkerville a few times for some actual single track. :thumbup:

Definitely overrated, single track was absent on the 80km route. Can't see any reason why I would return in 2013

I don't know if I did a different 80km race but there was definitely a nice, fast, longish stretch of singletrack on the route I did? Anyway, I wouldn't recommend entering a race with 3,500 other riders if singletrack is the only fun you can have on a mtb... For that I recommend hitting the trails on your own or with mates during quiet times.

How were the MTB races? I was hoping to see more feedback already. We used to go every year but skipped it for the past 3 years as it's just become a bit of a schlep from Cape Town for what really is an average race. I guess a case of "been there, done that". Based on the reports, we're definitely going to try the Gansbaai event next year.

Flymango, was my first time and I think the 80km riders get to ride the best bits, quite enjoyed the long downhills deep in the forest and the weather held nicely so there wasn't too much mud. (The last few km's where we joined up with the short distance routes were boring except for the bit coming down Simola hill). I actually liked the big climb at the start because by the time we hit the downhills the field was spread out nicely and you could give it horns without worrying too much about about slower riders doing something unexpected in front of you (or faster ones catching up from behind)

Yes, its an expensive weekend so won't do it every year but will definitely be back in the future. Gansbaai - almost complete opposite type of race to Knysna but highly recommended.

Edited by Skubarra

I enjoyed the race. Although I really am a rider for more technical terrain, the scenery on this ride makes it special and there is something mysterious about the Knysna forrest. And I enjoy the Simola climb because it means a fast downhill later!

You do the 74km mtb race for the time/bragging rights, and then you go and ride harkerville red route the next day for the soul.