SA seeding

Mr SingleTrack

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The seeding system rewards recent form. That's why a race of 2 years ago will age and not have an influence on current seeding. The system makes perfect sense in my opinion...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by Rudi Pollard

It's not the quickest at being updated. Still waiting for 947 MTB results to be uploaded from 2 weeks back...

It's not the quickest at being updated. Still waiting for 947 MTB results to be uploaded from 2 weeks back...

Was the 947 MTB not timed by Racetec?

If so your result will not show on SA Seeding's website but on Racetec's 

Was the 947 MTB not timed by Racetec?

If so your result will not show on SA Seeding's website but on Racetec's 

Some Racetec timed races do get loaded on to SA Seeding. Karoo2Coast is one example. It all depends on the organisers.

Edited by HenryS

Must say that i've noticed a HUGE improvement with SASeeding.  

The full results for Nissan Diamond Dash (and seeding weights) are already out.

WELL DONE!

My seeding is still less than spectacular but that's not their fault...

I disagree. Of course your index (and that of everyone else) must gradually be reduced - otherwise you have a few good races, and voila - your seeding will forever put you in a good batch.

If you don't ride - you drop down the index / seeding ranks. Simple.

We can discuss the time frame used, before your index is devalued, but keeping an old result is pointless - eventually you'd have everyone in batch A.

Just my thoughts...  :unsure:

Ah - just a quick Ninja edit. Not easy to use the last-3 results only as suggested. This is MTB world - a puncture or a crash in a stage race also shouldn't destroy your index.

My race results are have been consistent.  This year however I was injured and had to miss 4 months.  When I did start again I was put in a lower batch D.  Which was fine due to the result of my Seeding "Depreciated".  This however, is a problem for consistent, B batch riders like myself, whom are now penalized to harshly and get now have to get put into batches way down the line with riders whom don't want to ride the obstacles.  If i look at Racetec's timing and seeding they do not penalize you as harshly and they use a different consistent, calculation.  Nevertheless all I am asking for is consistency and not such big penalties such as the Barberton penalty.