Creative way to keep/store a bike indoors

Carrot

Isn't this a problem for hydraulic brakes? I stored my bike up side down and had to have my brakes bled after just a few months from new.

Seems that the bubbles from the resivoir move up the pipes to the pistons and you lose power.

Maybe someone that know's about these things better than I do could comment?

A friend of mine had a problem with his fork. Stored his Scott upside down for a few days while doing some repairs and all the oil ran to the top of the fork. Ended up with about 20mm travel. Had to let all the air out and slowly cycle it up and down and reset air pressures to get it working again.

Not sure I would store them upside down for a long time if it was a air over hydraulic fork.

As for the brakes, there should be no air in the system to begin with.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My house got somewhat overrun by bikes (9 all in all and talk of more on the way) and my minister of home affairs started to object seriously when the spare bedroom got invaded. Finally, today, we did what we have planned for quite a while, to put the boys' bikes in their own rooms. I built these very simple racks and they look good and work very well, keeping the bikes safe from scratches and dings while not being in the way. I can't think of a better way (as a young boy) to go to sleep every night looking at your own bikes. I just pity the poor women they hook up with one day, they will have to be at least as tough as my wife just to cope, or else be cyclists themselves.

post-17716-0-61379400-1375537546_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-48213600-1375537560_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

My house got somewhat overrun by bikes (9 all in all and talk of more on the way) and my minister of home affairs started to object seriously when the spare bedroom got invaded. Finally, today, we did what we have planned for quite a while, to put the boys' bikes in their own rooms. I built these very simple racks and they look good and work very well, keeping the bikes safe from scratches and dings while not being in the way. I can't think of a better way (as a young boy) to go to sleep every night looking at your own bikes. I just pity the poor women they hook up with one day, they will have to be at least as tough as my wife just to cope, or else be cyclists themselves.

This is Def one of the best Ideas yet..... :thumbup: