UCI issues statement on Frank Schleck

petatodd

Innocent until proven guilty kids...

"Xipamide, the substance found in Schleck's urine, is not specifically mentioned on WADA's prohibited substance list."

What the UCI should charge him with is "being a big girls blouse" and "conspiracy to destroy the legacy of the hardmen of european cycling". Open and shut case...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm, the case against him does not look like a done deal. Perhas even weaker than the one against Conto, most of the time it ends up in a ban, will have to wait and see what happens. That it happened on a rest day is too much of a coincedence imo.

But then again, their main dope doctors may have received life bans in the LA saga, new guys may not be as good.

Perhaps the 7000€ he paid into his gynacologist's account in 2005 or 06 was not just for a training program after all, especially since the gyne was dr. "Puerto" Fuentez.

Edited by Christie

The fact that it is only picked up now is again very suspicious. It's not something that he'd take midway through the tour. I smell plasticizer...

As I said with the Contador case; You’re a professional cyclist. There shouldn’t even be a question of how it got there. It’s part of your job to make sure that you don’t take anything that’s on the banned list. It’s your responsibility to stay clean, not the UCI’s (or WADA's) responsibility to find out how it actually came into your system.

Being poisoned? Really? The poor team chef eats it again… Take the ban Frank. You’re not going to win anything in the next 2 years anyway.

Schleck claims he is not paid, talks about a new team, tacks get thrown on the road but he is so far back they are all used up by the time he gets there, then he's trying to lose weight and gets pinged for a banned substance?

I smell the hand of the hog here. After all one of the charges levelled against him is intimidation. And the entire world knows he's a bully....cross him and your career is over!

And it's suggested by some that FroomeDog should go ride in the RSN circus!

"Diuretics are not considered performance enhancing, but can be used to help riders lose weight, and therefore perform better in the tough mountain stages of the race.

More ominously, they can also conceal the presence of a banned drug by helping to flush it from the body through increased urination. Xipamide, a diuretic, is normally used for the treatment of oedema and hypertension."

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/07/news/schleck-controversy-deepens-radioshack-woes_230364

Shame, maybe (s)he had high blood pressure. All the stress of not performing and not having a sisterly shoulder to cry on.

Or was it a case of "Do these cycling tights make me look fat"?

"However, since joining up with Bruyneel at RadioShack they have mainly flattered to deceive.

Choice of words ... :whistling: coffee, nostrils, keyboard

Edited by RoboCyclist

Schleck claims he is not paid, talks about a new team, tacks get thrown on the road but he is so far back they are all used up by the time he gets there, then he's trying to lose weight and gets pinged for a banned substance? I smell the hand of the hog here. After all one of the charges levelled against him is intimidation. And the entire world knows he's a bully....cross him and your career is over! And it's suggested by some that FroomeDog should go ride in the RSN circus!

Shouldn't the 'Shack have payment guarantees in place?

Shouldn't the 'Shack have payment guarantees in place?

However, a spokesman for Leopard, Carlo Rock, told the newspaper that the company had held around one-quarter of what is owed to the riders because the riders had asked the payment to be made “to accounts with non-transparent backgrounds.”

Do you think they got suspicious when Cancellara requested his salary to be paid into a Swiss bank account? :P

However, a spokesman for Leopard, Carlo Rock, told the newspaper that the company had held around one-quarter of what is owed to the riders because the riders had asked the payment to be made “to accounts with non-transparent backgrounds.”

Do you think they got suspicious when Cancellara requested his salary to be paid into a Swiss bank account? :P

Jakob Fuglsag wants the money paid into his company account,it wasn't done so he is suing Leopard.

Andy,Jens and Fabian also haven't been paid.

However, a spokesman for Leopard, Carlo Rock, told the newspaper that the company had held around one-quarter of what is owed to the riders because the riders had asked the payment to be made “to accounts with non-transparent backgrounds.” Do you think they got suspicious when Cancellara requested his salary to be paid into a Swiss bank account? :P

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jakob Fuglsag wants the money paid into his company account,it wasn't done so he is suing Leopard. Andy,Jens and Fabian also haven't been paid.

Didn't Jens say he had been paid?

Didn't Jens say he had been paid?

Only some of the payment.They are still waiting for bonuses.

Lots of co-incidences here:

• Bruyneel has the USADA case against him, Fat Pat and Verbruggen will see this as a risk given the dirt he has on them.
  • Schleck moaned publicly about not being paid and is demanding back pay - makes cycling look bad,
  • also announced he will not contest the tour - adding to the general fan perception of Schleck non-performance
  • Lab looks to be the same one that bust Landis
  • RSNT full of the Armstrong old-garde, many of whom look to have broken the Omerta based on the earlier Dutch article

Bruyneel late on his payments to Mr McQuaid as well perhaps?

Either way he obviously doesn't have the clout he used to have, given his record of 8 very likely filthy tour wins with only one positive for a very lowly rider (Li FuYu)

Edited by Lucky Luke.

I said I would wait until this thread reached 10 pages before I posted this...

but I can't help myself...

http://www.flippingsocial.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Nobody-cares-baby....jpg

Seriously! these "pro's" are a joke... should we really be that surprised.

Edited by patches

Diuretics like Furosemide, lasix is a trade name helps kidneys to excrete more urine thereby assisting in reducing bloodpressure. It is termed as a masking agent by WADA as athletes use it to basically piss out remaining substances from bloodstream. You do get herbal diuretics but they are not listed as banned. Thing is substances like lasix work within minutes of intravenous administration and quickly in oral administration. Now they have to go hunt for the stuff he used. Say it isnt so Frankie.

Wonder if he was sharing his stuff with his boet :eek: maybe then there will be a new winner for the 2010 Tour :whistling: