Help needed - breaking up a bike !

martinsnyman

Ok, so how about I buy a second hand Giant VT2 frame (2005) with 3 way swinger shock and manitou minute fork and build it up with the Scotts components, will that be a cool bike? I ride XS as well as groenies and rosemary hill

no, keep your scott, and ride the kuk out of it.

Or cut your losses and buy a naainer or 2nd hand dual-26er in similar condition.. some box will be trying to sell his zula or similar bike for peanuts because he wants an "Epic" like all his chommies.

What TheV said +100

I was in the same boat as you when I started riding two years ago.

Wanted to upgrade my then entry level mtb....my calculations told me to ride the kuk out of it, so I did just that, sold it earlier this year and bought another bike, also a 26" hardtail, just with better components etc.

This one is also being ridden hard but well looked after. I have a good idea what I eventually want, so started saving for it already

Dude, like the other guys said - keep it and ride it hard, or convert it to SS and sell off the spares you don't use.

In 2005 I bought an entry level hardtail, a Diamondback Apex, with Deore components, V-brakes, a cheap Manitou fork and OEM cockpit components. I paid R1950 (I know cos I found the invoice last night)

It's still my only bike, but the only original parts are the frame and handlebar.

It now has SLX cranks and brakes, much better wheels, comfier seat and pedals and with all the time and effort spent over the years on this bike, it's truly a unique ride and suits me perfectly.

Don't stress, it's about the ride, not about the bike.

Now go ride it!

Dude, like the other guys said - keep it and ride it hard, or convert it to SS and sell off the spares you don't use.

In 2005 I bought an entry level hardtail, a Diamondback Apex, with Deore components, V-brakes, a cheap Manitou fork and OEM cockpit components. I paid R1950 (I know cos I found the invoice last night)

It's still my only bike, but the only original parts are the frame and handlebar.

It now has SLX cranks and brakes, much better wheels, comfier seat and pedals and with all the time and effort spent over the years on this bike, it's truly a unique ride and suits me perfectly.

Don't stress, it's about the ride, not about the bike.

Now go ride it!

Thanks for all the advice!