Pro Classic Series - Western Cape Spring League

andydude

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, I think then il give it a miss for this season and just keeping riding hard and training even harder... I dont want to be cycling all alone at the back 2kms behind everyone else and on a race day it looks like a training ride as im all alone...LOL...

Good luck to all though...

Seeding should be A-C, this is hard racing, I started in STARS last season, which suited me well to learn, etc. But I had to work myself up, I am now a B seeding. Id say you can't really use your Argus time however you'd want an sub3 time just my opinion.

A-C is Elites (the young ones with oodles of energy)

A-D is SV (age 30-39)

A-E seeding is for Vets (age category 40-49)

Or somethin' like that.

For sure.

When you come off your bike at 60km/h in a ppa race cause of a bad road surface (bunch of us came down). Have your bike ridden over by a car and narrowly miss your head then come talk again.

Keep the gravel section in but why not make sure the roads (the tar section) are not full of potholes etc.

I see too many races where crashes could have been avoided (crossing railway lines but only a 2m wide mat going over the line while the group is way wider, and what do you get, a nice crash.

that can all be attributed to lack of bike handling skills. i've never heard anyone blame uci for the bad paris roubaix road surface..

just to clear up something re the circuit races.

they are not criteriums, the Paardeberg circuit race is over 80 kms for the senior scholars and 105 kms for the elite /vet races. the reason for them being described as a circuit race is that it takes in 2 circuits of a 40 k loop and 1 of a 25 loop.

the atlantis circuit is a 7.7 km long loop and all races are 77 kms.

just to clear up something re the circuit races.

they are not criteriums, the Paardeberg circuit race is over 80 kms for the senior scholars and 105 kms for the elite /vet races. the reason for them being described as a circuit race is that it takes in 2 circuits of a 40 k loop and 1 of a 25 loop.

the atlantis circuit is a 7.7 km long loop and all races are 77 kms.

awesome!

this is very cool

just to clear up something re the circuit races. they are not criteriums, the Paardeberg circuit race is over 80 kms for the senior scholars and 105 kms for the elite /vet races. the reason for them being described as a circuit race is that it takes in 2 circuits of a 40 k loop and 1 of a 25 loop. the atlantis circuit is a 7.7 km long loop and all races are 77 kms.

Yes, Paardeberg is the WP Champs route. It's actually quite a hard route.

Atlantis is a kermesse. Kermesse are races with laps between 5 - 10km and criteriums are races with laps normally shorter than 1km.

Too much hassle with this Spring League in my opinion, that is why I will rather wait for Summer. R990 for 2 proper races, a couple of circuits and a hill climb is not my idea of fun.

I'll be so happy if PPA actually cancels the Spring League & refund those who have entered already, the cancelling of TDW just dampened my sprit. They waited until the day after entries for the league closed to announce the race has been cancelled sneaky & clever.

I'll be so happy if PPA actually cancels the Spring League & refund those who have entered already, the cancelling of TDW just dampened my sprit. They waited until the day after entries for the league closed to announce the race has been cancelled sneaky & clever.

I share your sentiments, and requested my money back this morning. The TDW has been replaced with another circuit race on 30 September, the same day as the Lion of Africa, an all time favourite of mine, virtually in my back garden.

I share your sentiments, and requested my money back this morning. The TDW has been replaced with another circuit race on 30 September, the same day as the Lion of Africa, an all time favourite of mine, virtually in my back garden.

What was their reply when you asked for a refund? I much rather prefer 6 PPA races compromise the league as in the past couple of seasons.

The Paardeberg "circuit" race is harder than most races on the calender, therefore in my eyes it's a proper "race". If they replicate that with another "circuit" race, it will mean that there's 4 races, 1 kermesse and 1 hill climb.

I agree maybe the communication is not the best and people make other plans so to just move races around is not the best, but I'm sure they're trying their best. The Worcester race cancellation is not their fault.

I still think the League is a great initiative, although you can't keep everyone happy all the time.