Sir Bradley Wiggins ?

The Pirate

I think it's just a question of time. Many top sportsman, including Sir Chris Hoy, said that this was the single biggest achievement by any sportsman in British history. He can expect to be bigger than Sir Ian Botham, Sir Bobby Charlton or Sir Chris Hoy. Can you imagine if he wins gold in the ITT in London as well ? Plus the rumours are doing the rounds that he is going to light up the torch tonight at the Opening Ceremony in London.

So will Phil Ligget be forced to call him Sir Bradley at next year's Tour ? Only time ( and the Queen of England ) will tell. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I would rather not knight anyone in the TDF peleton at this point. What happens if he tests positive at some stage? Will he then be "un-knighted"?

Just wondering.............

Agreed. The Queen should rather knight KP. And let him be captain again.

I think it's just a question of time. Many top sportsman, including Sir Chris Hoy, said that this was the single biggest achievement by any sportsman in British history. He can expect to be bigger than Sir Ian Botham, Sir Bobby Charlton or Sir Chris Hoy. Can you imagine if he wins gold in the ITT in London as well ? Plus the rumours are doing the rounds that he is going to light up the torch tonight at the Opening Ceremony in London.

So will Phil Ligget be forced to call him Sir Bradley at next year's Tour ? Only time ( and the Queen of England ) will tell. ;)

It took 20 years after his retirement for Sir Bobby Charlton to be knighted and that was largely due to his contribution to football after he stopped playing.

Agreed. The Queen should rather knight KP. And let him be captain again.

Haha!

To be honest thats not such a bad idea. I am truly amazed ow quickly Andrew Strauss goes on the defensive in every test despite having to play "catch up".

Like is he again going to take out al the slips tomorrow when SA are batting at 25 for 0?

I would however make Trott captain and KP an opening bat for the final test in the place of Strauss if I was them.......

Haha!

To be honest thats not such a bad idea. I am truly amazed ow quickly Andrew Strauss goes on the defensive in every test despite having to play "catch up".

Like is he again going to take out al the slips tomorrow when SA are batting at 25 for 0?

I would however make Trott captain and KP an opening bat for the final test in the place of Strauss if I was them.......

Would still need the Queens intervention. He's been dropped from the squad over the sms saga.

Wonder whether Wiggo will accept this title...

He is cut from a different cloth.

He laughed when it was first suggested, then said he likes the sound of "Sir Brad". He's proudly pommie, so I think he would accept the award.