Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

Hahaha! They have lions but they in a different camp. If we cant do kk this is mabey a good one. Similar to modders just with antelope.

Ja, there has been mutterings of Thaba as well and going up Twin Towers :devil:

I am still waiting for feedback from Kingskloof. I emailed him yesterday, so hopefully get a response soon

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, there has been mutterings of Thaba as well and going up Twin Towers :devil:

I am still waiting for feedback from Kingskloof. I emailed him yesterday, so hopefully get a response soon

Hope so. Where is this twin towers business?

Twin towers is part of a route at Thaba... you follow the normal route and then take a left going up past two water towers. The route is really fun and very technical at some parts.

Have any of you guys ever ridden krugersdorp game reserve?

I did the first race there earlier in the year and the place was quite harsh. Not too bad in terms of hills and stuff but the course was new and BUMPY. Loads of hectic semi cut trails and those pesky grass mounds. Hopefully it's bedded in a bit and flows a bit better.

Anyone with an update?

Guest TheBushpig

How about The Hub Mass Debate? ;) Woulda fit.

Have you been asked to change your name to Joe Cocks Yet?

Twin towers is part of a route at Thaba... you follow the normal route and then take a left going up past two water towers. The route is really fun and very technical at some parts.

Just how steep and long is the climb? :ph34r:

Some sharp steep climbs and some rocky slopes to go down...

I did the first race there earlier in the year and the place was quite harsh. Not too bad in terms of hills and stuff but the course was new and BUMPY. Loads of hectic semi cut trails and those pesky grass mounds. Hopefully it's bedded in a bit and flows a bit better.

Anyone with an update?

Last time I was there was the weekend after the race so I have no clue. I somehow missed out on a lot of tje fun stuff. I tried following all the black markers but somehow I didnt ride all of it.

Thaba is not that difficult. It's all about the approach. Could ride 99% of it on the SS. Only part I had to push was during the SS SA Champs where you had to climb up a stupid steep section. It is not rideable at all.

It has some of the best technical descending you can ask for.

Really one of the best trails in JHB.

Love technical descending :thumbup:

Then you will like Melville Koppies near Emmerentia. Although it has smoothed out a lot it is still great fun and technical.

Then you will like Melville Koppies near Emmerentia. Although it has smoothed out a lot it is still great fun and technical.

Always wondered how to get to the koppies. Isn't the top of Emmerentia is closed off?

Anyone with an update?

I was there a couple weeks back. not much has changed. The bottom section by the river next to the lion enclosure is coming on nicely, some ok singletrack there. Still loads and loads of grass and bumpy Jeep track. Don't think there is enough riding being done there