Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

Always wondered how to get to the koppies. Isn't the top of Emmerentia is closed off?

You can only get to it from Alberts side unless you port your bike up the rocks. I will show you the next time you join me for a Spruit ride.

It is more technical than anything I remember at Thaba. Bring some of those light pads with wings... :P

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only get to it from Alberts side unless you port your bike up the rocks. I will show you the next time you join me for a Spruit ride.

It is more technical than anything I remember at Thaba. Bring some of those light pads with wings... :P

I live on MK east but I haven't riden MK west for a very long time. There were far too many muggings at one stage so we stopped riding there. I assume it's safe now?

I live on MK east but I haven't riden MK west for a very long time. There were far too many muggings at one stage so we stopped riding there. I assume it's safe now?

Yeah. There were apparently some incidents and we have only just started riding it again after a couple of years. It is all burnt open and clear now. We always go in groups of experienced riders who don't hang about.

Hi guys,

Had some feedback regarding KK. Yes, it is being used for the Silverstar. However, he says we can still use it because they are doing it against the flow of normal cycling and coming through the main route. So we'll have to do the trail the other way around.

Is it still worth it? What do you guys think? Postpone it for another time?

The trails might be jam packed then...

All I want to know is where are we riding this Saturday? :whistling:

I've got pinkie fest later that day... :thumbup: So might have a chilled ride in the morn and then a longer one on sunday... depending on how I am feeling :w00t:

Hi guys,

Had some feedback regarding KK. Yes, it is being used for the Silverstar. However, he says we can still use it because they are doing it against the flow of normal cycling and coming through the main route. So we'll have to do the trail the other way around.

Is it still worth it? What do you guys think? Postpone it for another time?

The trails might be jam packed then...

Fook me!! To do that trail the other way round will be murder and I agree that it will suck with all those racists on the track. Lets do Thaba then. Im also looking to ride EARLY this sat, I have to be at school at 12 so I want to ride fro 7 ish so I'm home by 10....

Fook me!! To do that trail the other way round will be murder and I agree that it will suck with all those racists on the track. Lets do Thaba then. Im also looking to ride EARLY this sat, I have to be at school at 12 so I want to ride fro 7 ish so I'm home by 10....

Done. I am happy with Thaba on the 8th September

Suggestions on this weekend?

Done. I am happy with Thaba on the 8th September

Suggestions on this weekend?

great stuff! Looking forward to Thaba!!!

I am doing a 4+ hour base ride at NF on Sat and I need to do hill training on Sunday

great stuff! Looking forward to Thaba!!!

I am doing a 4+ hour base ride at NF on Sat and I need to do hill training on Sunday

Cool enjoy... I'll give this weekend some thought and see what I want to do

The other way around??? Nooit. Gonna need to hook the bike onto the Camelbak for the hike a bike sections.

The other way around??? Nooit. Gonna need to hook the bike onto the Camelbak for the hike a bike sections.

Im sweating just thinking about riding up that first decent. Edited by Pieter1

Im sweating just thinking about riding up that first decent.

I had to walk my bike out of KK on saturday after a debilitating impact puncture...and that was the normal way around - none of the really difficult sections and it was really tough...

I had to walk my bike out of KK on saturday after a debilitating impact puncture...and that was the normal way around - none of the really difficult sections and it was really tough...

We once missed that badly marked right turn near that kraal thing where you can see the houses infront of you. We went straight and past that little brige, we followed what looked like a trail, when it ended we were ontop of that huge koppie with that rocky outcrop. What a freakin mission to get out of that mess.