Linden cycles service is rubbish

JTOG.NoFear

This is one of those threads that will not end well........ From a neutral point of view I have to say that Linden is a good shop. Have you ever walked in on a Sat morning? The fact that it is so crowded must mean they are doing something right. Try to have your bike serviced and their is a long wating list - again for a reason I would assume. If they were as crappy and useless as some implies here then they would not have so many clients. Northcliff Cycles is a very pretty shop with some very pretty bikes. But the winner is Solomons in terms of pricing etc!! Anyways I think the hub has too many lowlife idiots hiding behind nicknames and computer screens and critisizing hard working LBS that provide a service to you. You have the freedom to go anywhere you like so rather do that then bitch here...... just sayen

Please let the idjuts be!

I like it when I walk into Linden Cycles with some or other problem/purchase/request, arbitrary or not, and they greet me by name and go out of their way to help & assist :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of those threads that will not end well........

From a neutral point of view I have to say that Linden is a good shop. Have you ever walked in on a Sat morning? The fact that it is so crowded must mean they are doing something right. Try to have your bike serviced and their is a long wating list - again for a reason I would assume. If they were as crappy and useless as some implies here then they would not have so many clients.

Northcliff Cycles is a very pretty shop with some very pretty bikes.

But the winner is Solomons in terms of pricing etc!!

Anyways I think the hub has too many lowlife idiots hiding behind nicknames and computer screens and critisizing hard working LBS that provide a service to you. You have the freedom to go anywhere you like so rather do that then bitch here...... just sayen

Dont think it matters how full a shop gets on a saturday...

I just love the no airs & graces,vibe in the shop.

They get the job done but its not always pretty.Ive seen a few customers bikes come down from racks( the quick way)or been knocked over or crunched super tight with clamp on top tube etc.. that i could say wow glad thats not mine & mine doesnt cost 1/2 that,in the week while you in your office.

It is my lbs of choice & the best ive come across in JHB,more the people then workmanship tho.

MC.Ds also always full doesnt mean its the best food ...just saying..sheeple with no other option until they find a better LBS. :ph34r:

Dont think it matters how full a shop gets on a saturday...

MC.Ds also always full doesnt mean its the best food ...just saying..sheeple with no other option until they find a better LBS. :ph34r:

Yes it does. If your service is crap then people wont come accept maybe to buy the basics. There are definately no shortage of LBS's around the area.

MC.Ds? Strange comparison but unfortunately I think you are missing the point. The point is not comparing MC.D's to The Meat Company but rather if you have 2 MC.D's in the area, the one's service being fast and efficient and the other one being sloppy and serving old bread what do you think is gonna happen?

You know apples with apples

Just sayen

Yes it does. If your service is crap then people wont come accept maybe to buy the basics. There are definately no shortage of LBS's around the area.

MC.Ds? Strange comparison but unfortunately I think you are missing the point. The point is not comparing MC.D's to The Meat Company but rather if you have 2

MC.D's in the area, the one's service being fast and efficient and the other one being sloppy and serving old bread what do you think is gonna happen?

You know apples with apples

Just sayen

Na most places full on a saturday...

Think linden just got lucky because the other bike shops in the area even worse.

The market dictated it... they didnt.

Only cajees & the lab franchises so you cant compare 2 MC.d's.

You don't get it do you? Guess with you the glass isn't only half empty, but also has a hole in it!

There is no glass B)

I went some years ago to Linden Cycles to try them out, had my bike serviced once and was totally unsatisfied, never went back again. Try Mike's Bikes up the road in Greenside. Mike's a bit wierd but the servicing is impeccable and the finishing touches with the little cable guides they put on are great.

I went some years ago to Linden Cycles to try them out, had my bike serviced once and was totally unsatisfied, never went back again. Try Mike's Bikes up the road in Greenside. Mike's a bit wierd but the servicing is impeccable and the finishing touches with the little cable guides they put on are great.

Mike worked at Linden before starting on his own.

All the okes at Mikes are weird.Cool :thumbup: