Intro and question

skiddie

At least you are on a bike! Save a bit on the side and then sell them one they get you once you have saved the difference to get the BMX ...

eh sorry for wasting your time my parents arent gonna buy me a bmx because they want me to get into XC, which i despise.

Better than having no bike at all I guess

Ride that XC bike hard and worse case scenario you turn 16 in under a year, get that job and then get that bike!

Good Luck and keep the "work for what I want in life" mindset as this will see you far!

eh sorry for wasting your time my parents arent gonna buy me a bmx because they want me to get into XC, which i despise. Better than having no bike at all I guess

Dude! point out to them that you have spent so much on fixing your current bike and that maybe a more "burly" XC bike is what you need. like a second hand scott voltage yz or a giant stp or a gt chucker or a mongoose fireball. those are totally XC bikes...... :whistling:

I would do that, but see the problem is that those bikes are even more expensive than a bmx!

Long story short I love pretty much every form of riding except for XC, which for me is more like a form exercise instead of being a hobbie, especially in Cape Town where there are no trails and the actual ridable places are like 85°. You know, if I wanted to exercise I'd rather just go jogging.

Honestly I'd rather be a roadie than do XC on Table Mountain.

eh sorry for wasting your time my parents arent gonna buy me a bmx because they want me to get into XC, which i despise.

Better than having no bike at all I guess

Hahaha, brilliant! Well, one thing for sure is that whatever your parents have done in bringing you up, it is working very well. You have your head in the right place that's for sure.

Quick question: why not look at getting a DJ bike? They can be had for pretty cheap.

I would do that, but see the problem is that those bikes are even more expensive than a bmx!

Long story short I love pretty much every form of riding except for XC, which for me is more like a form exercise instead of being a hobbie, especially in Cape Town where there are no trails and the actual ridable places are like 85°. You know, if I wanted to exercise I'd rather just go jogging.

Honestly I'd rather be a roadie than do XC on Table Mountain.

There are some sections of ST on Table Mountain that are not for the faint hearted ... just saying.

There are some sections of ST on Table Mountain that are not for the faint hearted ... just saying.

oh oh, they must be "illegal" then. Better get the TMAHA on the case ;)

Something I think you guys don't understand is that budget is my main problem, I can't just be like "oh thats a couple thousand good stuff". My budget is really tight.

I think my dad sees a BMX kinda as a toy, and doesn't want to spend a lot on it. And like I said DJ bikes are way more expensive than bmx

That couldn't be more true, but I've been doing them for 9 months, nearly every day, often more than twice. And in total probably 200m

Its always funny some how mtb'ers on table mountain don't ever make way for me when i'm riding on singletracks at like 50km/h. I prefectly understand on the jeeptrack where its hard to get your uphill momentum going again, but then some guys are going at the flat sections like 3km/h and I'm just flying through there and yet they still want me to stop for them? The other day i was riding and this guy could see me coming from a mile away yet he just went riding on and I nearly crashed into him and some rocks on the side of the track. And btw its not just that one guy, lots of guys do it, though i do encounter the ocasional good soul.

Or is there something i'm not noticing/realising? ^^

Edit: I'd just like to add that i was falling myself into flenters for the first 2 of those 9 months, some of that downhill is not easy

Edited by skiddie

Yeh, its really hard to choose though since the only first hand south african bmx that could find to fit my budget was the mongoose logo from theriot, and i wouldn't count on that lasting me 6 months. I think i'l take that WTP. Looks like a really sollid bike, unless someone else has a suggestion? EDIT: I think I just died a little inside after watching this: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/270179/

That video is madness! Amazing! Wow!