And here she is. . . Morewood Shova 2010

CharlG

Received my Morewood Shova frame this morning...brand spanking new from the Morewood Factory!

The guys there really did an outstanding job! And the colour is oh so purdy :)

Frame spec:

Large 2010 Shova Frame

Iridium red/Candy Apple red

Fox DHX 4.0 Air

I know you all gonna ask so here it is....price paid....

Frame: R6000

Delivery to Cape Town: R250

The majority of the parts that will go onto the frame are coming off my 2012 Silverback Alpine... not really the greatest spec for a frame as awesome as this but its gonna have to do for now and theyre all still in pretty decent condition...the parts can always be upgraded later when the finances allow again!

At least the frame and fork make for a good starting platform! :)

Fork: 2011 Rock Shox Revelation 130-150mm RLT Ti 20mm Maxle

Headset: KCNC 44mm semi integrated

Stem: KCNC 60mm flyride

Bars: Looking for some low-rise 740mm Boobars or equivalent

Seatpost: Raceface 30.9mm

Rear Derailleur: SLX

Front Derailleur: Alivio (from the silverback - will change when i can)

Brakeset and shifters: Alivio (from the silverback - will change when i can)

Crankset: 3x9 Deore Octalink (from the silverback - will change when i can)

Wheelset: Alex rims from Silverback - not the lightest but theyre pretty darm strong so will do for now

Front Hub: Hope Pro2 Evo 20mm.

Cant wait to get this beast up n running....will try keep posted with the build progress.

post-32538-0-01911900-1344247142.jpg

post-32538-0-17220500-1344247279.jpg

Keh! New 2010 frame? Did I somehow timetravel to 2010? I thought it was 2012?

I am confused!

Or are you buying a 2010 frame that was lying around at morewood?

you get the shock incl. in that price?......really awesome and proper made in SA frame that......

Keh! New 2010 frame? Did I somehow timetravel to 2010? I thought it was 2012?

I am confused!

Or are you buying a 2010 frame that was lying around at morewood?

yarp!

frame built up from spares in the factory

Edited by patches

Patches right on the money there....they had a few Shova swing-arms left over from when they were in full production in 2010. They just had to order in the aluminium for the tubing and then weld it all together, paint, heat treat and decals etc!

Possibly the last Shova to ever leave the Morewood factory.... :)

They even threw in a few spare decal kits for a future face-lift...great service from the guys up there!

And yep....paid R6000 for the frame and Fox DHX 4.0 Air shock...great price indeed!

Patches right on the money there....they had a few Shova swing-arms left over from when they were in full production in 2010. They just had to order in the aluminium for the tubing and then weld it all together, paint, heat treat and decals etc!

Possibly the last Shova to ever leave the Morewood factory.... :)

They even threw in a few spare decal kits for a future face-lift...great service from the guys up there!

And yep....paid R6000 for the frame and Fox DHX 4.0 Air shock...great price indeed!

I am officially jealous.

I'm seriously tempted to phone them up and see if they can make another!

I just checked and the DHX 5 Air from my Canondale will fit. Not too sure about the Talas 36 though cos it's running 1.5" steerer diameter. But man I think a Shova would be awesome!

I'm seriously tempted to phone them up and see if they can make another!

I just checked and the DHX 5 Air from my Canondale will fit. Not too sure about the Talas 36 though cos it's running 1.5" steerer diameter. But man I think a Shova would be awesome!

I reckon if you speak to them nicely they may just oblige...:) About that 1.5' steerer....they could prob do a custom headtube for you...but may add to the total price!

Think i mentioned in a previous post...when i enquired initially about the Shova they told me they were busy making up a few Mbuzi frames (Large)...for R6500..thats also a steal of a deal! And i think they've still got a few of those Mbuzi frames...they were just building them up because like the SHova, they had some parts still left over etc...

Give them a shout...speak to Steve!

That is a thing of beauty!! Congratulations.

Build it! We need to go ride!

She is indeed! Gonna get cracking with the build soon...will definitely let you know once she's up n running! :)