2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour

CycleTourWebbie

In 2013 it will be main road to Kalk Bay harbour and then, due to the roadwords progression, cyclists will need to swim to Clovelly. Make sure you have a pair of inflatable arm bands to tether to your fiets so as to get the swim over with quick quick.

Rumour has it RaceTec will be selling a shark-repellant transmitter combo-pack for those wanting to splash out on a new timing chip.

Where can I get carbon inflatables?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahah damn saddle bag, i have ditched that already :)

No, no, no, a saddle bag is like a middle finger and it works beautifully if you drop the guys without saddle bags on the nastiest climbs. Force them to look at it from behind!

No, no, no, a saddle bag is like a middle finger and it works beautifully if you drop the guys without saddle bags on the nastiest climbs. Force them to look at it from behind!

hahaha ok i will remember that :)

I wonder if the Argus will be toughest next year, if they close road between Kalk Bay and Fish hoek, so we can climb over Ou Kaapse Weg and Black Hill and join back to main road in Glencairn...

Ouch!!

2;55 :) thats a good time! i would aim for something close :)

well, i have done alot more riding, alot more time in the saddle this year, including Panorama Tour and Tour of Legends, Argus 2012 was my 3rd race, my longest ride ever at the time and only the 2nd time i had done over 100km so i should be alot stronger next year if things go well :)

i also now have the "beast" :devil: :devil:

If you don't break 3 on that machine I'll have to do a Joooliass and expropriate it from you... it's all in the legs now, and maybe a bit of luck with the weather...

If you don't break 3 on that machine I'll have to do a Joooliass and expropriate it from you... it's all in the legs now, and maybe a bit of luck with the weather...

It's not about the bike...

Knocking 34 min from a time that was used to determine your start group virtually impossible, unless you can TT it on your own! (but then still have to negotiate 11 other bunches that started before you.)

So, do some other seeding event, whilst being in fighting condition, or temper your expectations, to go sub-3 in 2014...

I wonder if the Argus will be toughest next year, if they close road between Kalk Bay and Fish hoek, so we can climb over Ou Kaapse Weg and Black Hill and join back to main road in Glencairn...

Ouch!!

Sounds cool.I might be persuaded to give it a bash again.

It's not about the bike...

Knocking 34 min from a time that was used to determine your start group virtually impossible, unless you can TT it on your own! (but then still have to negotiate 11 other bunches that started before you.)

So, do some other seeding event, whilst being in fighting condition, or temper your expectations, to go sub-3 in 2014...

As much as i agree its not about the bike, a decent bike does help :)

i started Group T, the Argus was only my second or 3rd race ever, first one being the 94.7 in 2011, i have done a few seeding races including the POwerade Mountain to Mountain which was really tough considering i had 2 hours sleep before the race!

but yes i agree i might have to aim for about a 3:10, but my ultimate would be a sub 3 :) still some time to train, and the test run will be doing a sub 3 on the 94.7

I will protest profusely if they go over Ou kappse Weg!

There are not enough rehydration stops on that route. Inconsiderate road builders.

There are not enough rehydration stops on that route. Inconsiderate road builders.

OKW would be cool, but it would decimate the field. the break would happen there, instead of smitswinkel/chappies/suikerbossie like it normally does

Yes but the DH into Sun Valley knocks spots off most downhills in the Cape

As much as i agree its not about the bike, a decent bike does help :)

i started Group T, the Argus was only my second or 3rd race ever, first one being the 94.7 in 2011, i have done a few seeding races including the POwerade Mountain to Mountain which was really tough considering i had 2 hours sleep before the race!

but yes i agree i might have to aim for about a 3:10, but my ultimate would be a sub 3 :) still some time to train, and the test run will be doing a sub 3 on the 94.7

A good 94.7 will improve your chances quite a bit --> then you can taper / work on your speed, and visit the fairest Cape, using the Die Burger for an even better seeding!

Yes but the DH into Sun Valley knocks spots off most downhills in the Cape

oooooo what a trade off! Drink rehydration stops, or downhill mmmmm tough one.