Engen Dynamic Cycle Challenge 2012

avi_gurunand

Thanks to sponsors Engen. They put a huge smile on two youngsters faces. They gave away two GT roadbikes, bwand new, straight uit die box.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me if i'm wrong here ;

I did this race just to increase my PPA seeding as well as gain race experience as i'm new to cycling (since march). i started today's race in the ELITE group obviously not in the right place for me :blush:. i got put there by the race organizers because of my recent results (winning the Youth festival Junior road race). Anyway i got dropped around the 11km mark, i was told by the race marshals who give the direction where to go and they directed me to the 40km route, obviously i just did what they said not knowing what was happening. So i never got to do the 99km route and now my seeding will not be increased and i had a bad day out !!

Would you guys say that i have a right to phone the race organizers and complain that i was told the wrong route, and want an assessed time or something ? ( i really don't care about getting a good time, i just want my PPA seeding to be increased)

Regards Josh Grant

Edited by Leg breaker

I did this race just to increase my PPA seeding as well as gain race experience as i'm new to cycling (since march). i started today's race in the ELITE group obviously not in the right place for me :blush:. i got put there by the race organizers because of my recent results (winning the Youth festival Junior road race). Anyway i got dropped around the 11km mark, i was told by the race marshals who give the direction where to go and they directed me to the 40km route, obviously i just did what they said not knowing what was happening. So i never got to do the 99km route and now my seeding will not be increased and i had a bad day out !!

Would you guys say that i have a right to phone the race organizers and complain that i was told the wrong route, and want an assessed time or something ? ( i really don't care about getting a good time, i just want my PPA seeding to be increased)

Regards Josh Grant

Your complaint will probably fall on deaf ears, i was asked for my ppa seeding and that's how i was seeded for this race. Also know that you probably have to mail organisers/marshalls anyway cz you'll probably get your for the 95km i don't remember there being any checkpoints

@legbreaker. My 2c. Email Racetec or PPA and inform them you did 44km route. Pointless trying to complain of wrong directions. There were red arrrows for long route and black for short. Best case scenario you will get time for 44km and that might improve your seeding. You still young, bide your time.

Thanks to sponsors Engen. They put a huge smile on two youngsters faces. They gave away two GT roadbikes, bwand new, straight uit die box.

That's cool news!!

@legbreaker. My 2c. Email Racetec or PPA and inform them you did 44km route. Pointless trying to complain of wrong directions. There were red arrrows for long route and black for short. Best case scenario you will get time for 44km and that might improve your seeding. You still young, bide your time.

Thanks Mcipollini i will do that :thumbup:

I can't quote properly from my phone...

I did this race just to increase my PPA seeding as. well as gain race experience as i'm new to cycling (since march).

One out of two aint bad! At least you gained experience :)

Anyway i got dropped around the 11km mark, i was told by the race marshals who give the direction where to go and they directed me to the 40km route.

I've been through that before. Normally you should try to look before hand at the race route and know where to go.

You have the right, but I wouldn't do it if I were you. First of all, they wouldn't be able to get an assessed time for the long route. And I doubt you're short route time will even count, because you would've received a huge bonus drafting the bunch.

You've only been riding for 6 months. Well done so far. Take this as a lesson learned, train harder and try next time again. People struggle for a lot longer to up their seeding.

I popped in there on a training ride and saw several including andydude, neverender, colliehond, Mickey Mouse, Many Lemons, Suikerbossie.

Nicely organised race, yet again.

I had a great day out, did the ride with my old man. The registration was a breeze, the parking could have been better sign posted or people at the start showing people were to find parking. The groups were of decent size, many of them full of DC teams.

I started down the field in M and had a great ride round the course and thought Marshals were very good.

Got to the end, never seen so many cones before! Was nice having the road closed at the end! Timing mats were also well placed. Good start to the season for me, next week same place for the one tonner!

Regards Josh Grant

Josh , make sure you know the route or at least have an idea when a turn should be.

Just a question and I know this was raised before but why is the timing mats not on the line? why only 50m after the line? I still cant get my head around this.

There was a big fight in the VA bunch when someone sprinted over the mats and not just rolled over the mats in the place he came in.

Nicely organised race, yet again.

Yip, I thought the race was extremely well organised and well staffed.

The routes were clearly marked and there were loads of marshals at all the right places. The food and drinks at the end were also nice.

My only gripe is that the routes converge near the end (I'm guessing the last 15km or so). I felt really bad for the people doing the short courses as guys doing the long course kept whooshing past them, often shouting at them to keep left. Only one lane was closed to traffic for quite a bit of the course, and I saw quite a few near accidents with people on MTBs swerving all over the lane while packs of vet and sub-vet riders tried to get past.

Regards Josh Grant

Even the PROs, when guided down the wrong route by a lead motorbiker during a TT, has no recourse, Legbreaker.

:thumbup:

Be sure to know the route and follow the correct arrows.