2012 Silverback Vida 1 Review

Behan

Hey Hubvilliens!!

Ok here's the story: I've been racing XC for a while now in my Volcan FS2, and it seems to be getting its retirement policies in order... :(

I've been looking at the Vida 1, but I can't find any reviews on it!! Can anyone post a link to one please?

Who has/is looking at this bike that can give some feedback please?

All help will be appreciated

Regards

Behan

Edited by Behan

ok, first problem, you mainly do downhill, why get a hard-tail then?

look the SB Vida is a great bike, but what you say and what you want doesn't add up....

I'd advise you to look at a trail bike, with longer travel in front, the Vida has a 100mm fork, which is great for XC, but downhill???

I saw an article in either Bicycle or Tread magazine yesterday where they rate it. I've got one and think it's brilliant given the price and what components you get with it.

Merida and Silverback is getting their 2013 duals 29'er very soon, have a look at those. Hardtail aluminium is not the right bike for what you say you want to do.

ok, first problem, you mainly do downhill, why get a hard-tail then? look the SB Vida is a great bike, but what you say and what you want doesn't add up.... I'd advise you to look at a trail bike, with longer travel in front, the Vida has a 100mm fork, which is great for XC, but downhill???

Sorry, poor choice of words. I ride my XC bike like I ride my downhill my DH bike, but thats not good for the carbon. I am starting to focus allot more on the XC side of life so I want a fast, racing bike, that is reliable too.

Sorry, poor choice of words. I ride my XC bike like I ride my downhill my DH bike, but thats not good for the carbon. I am starting to focus allot more on the XC side of life so I want a fast, racing bike, that is reliable too.

Ok, now this makes sense :clap:

the XC side of life so I want a fast, racing bike, that is reliable too.

Spez Epic? nice comfortable and fast bikes...

Ok, now this makes sense :clap:

Spez Epic? nice comfortable and fast bikes...

Rode the epic a few weeks back! Nice bike, but i dont see the value of the brain shock.

Naval Hill?

Close, but we have 2 tracks at Happy Valley! But they barely make the 800m mark...

I ride the Storm1 which is very much like the Vida1 but with carbon frame. The Storm is a great XC bike with snappy handling and great acceleration with the light Crest wheels, same wheels as on the Vida1. I have read a review in a mag on the Vida1 and got a very good review.

I ride the Storm1 which is very much like the Vida1 but with carbon frame. The Storm is a great XC bike with snappy handling and great acceleration with the light Crest wheels, same wheels as on the Vida1. I have read a review in a mag on the Vida1 and got a very good review.

Ok thanks!! What mag exactly?

I have had my Vida 1 (in a SS conversion) for two months. It was a good value for money buy, handles well and I like the polished finish. I often ride it in preference to my SC Superlight or SC Tallboy.

cool! Sounds like a great bike from what Bicycling has said!!! So I am seriously considering it!!:)

cool! Sounds like a great bike from what Bicycling has said!!! So I am seriously considering it!! :)

I've had mine for month or so an I'm enjoying every minute of it. With tubeless conversion it's a shade over 11kg and the handling is sublime. Confidence is growing on the downhills and singletrack at every outing and I've had no issues whatsoever with components or the frame thus far.