'Alleged' fraudulent site selling bikes

Danger Dassie

Saw this alert from Two Wheels Trading and Momsen Bikes. On their Facebook page.

Regarding what is allegedly a fraudulent website operating under the guise of selling Momsen bikes,

A copy and paste from the Momsen site, using their information and business address etc... but with a different contact phone number.

"ALERT: Momsen Bikes and Two Wheels Trading are saddened to report that their brands have suffered an UNAUTHORISED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. We have instituted legal proceedings against Wozon Wheels Trading (http://wozaonlinebikes.wozaonline.co.za/) and recommend that no customer or future customer please trade with this company. For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@momsenbikes.com. We appreciate your support and assistance in this matter."

That is just odd. Illegal and odd.

The question is...where do they get the bikes from? Are they buying from Momsen and selling cheap or buying straight from Taiwan and underselling Momsen?

The question is...where do they get the bikes from? Are they buying from Momsen and selling cheap or buying straight from Taiwan and underselling Momsen?

Underselling by R 8k on the Dual link 7

They also seem to be agents for Rocky Mountain as well. Call the cell number supplied, see what they say.

Well that's just it. Momsen is only brought in and sold on by Momsen/TWT. I called them and confirmed this.

It's a copy and paste straight from the Momsen site into this false one, so it's more than likely purely to get your cash. NO bike.

Well that's just it. Momsen is only brought in and sold on by Momsen/TWT. I called them and confirmed this.

It's a copy and paste straight from the Momsen site into this false one, so it's more than likely purely to get your cash. NO bike.

Well done, and good work :thumbup: Spam there email address someone

They also seem to be agents for Rocky Mountain as well. Call the cell number supplied, see what they say.

What do you expect them to say ?

The "alert" with "We have instituted legal proceedings against Wozon Wheels Trading" rings enough alarm bells.

I called them; Spoke to Nelson, asked if he had the SL 929 in stocke, he said yes, I asked how much, he said what was the promo price on the website, I said R6995 he said thats right price valid until tommorrow only, I said I would call back.

The sl929 retails for R38990.

Scam!!!

Nelson sounded Nigerian....

What do you expect them to say ?

The "alert" with "We have instituted legal proceedings against Wozon Wheels Trading" rings enough alarm bells.

Exactly what Mackie replied with :whistling:

Fair enough - so scam only.

Thanks for the head's up.

I called them; Spoke to Nelson, asked if he had the SL 929 in stocke, he said yes, I asked how much, he said what was the promo price on the website, I said R6995 he said thats right price valid until tommorrow only, I said I would call back.

The sl929 retails for R38990.

Scam!!!

Nelson sounded Nigerian....

Exactly what TWT confirmed, they've even had customers calling them querying this.

imagine if people put as much initiative and energy into doing something positive. Effing tjops!!! ...

Edited by danger dassie

You think they are supplying from here?

post-3441-0-27362100-1345639680.jpg

Your Google earth photo is an old one. These are the now the REAL premises of the REAL TWT/Momsen - I drove past it this morning.

Exactly what TWT confirmed, they've even had customers calling them querying this.

imagine if people put as much initiative and energy into doing something positive. Effing tjops!!! ...

I preferred the original unedited post.