The Chilled and Relaxed - JHB

The Ghost

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Logwood?

There are trails around the Logwood area. Don't get your hopes up about hitting the northshore in the bike park. ;)

Ah ok. I thought the closed all of that. I take it it's a free for all these days with no maintenance being done anymore.

Logwood?

Logwood – 2012-Sep-16

Ride Groups: Green, yellow, red and blue

Ratings - Technical: 6/10 Hills: 7/10 Distance: 16 (Green) 30 (Yellow) 38 (Others)

Starting Time: 7h00 for 7h30

Ride Description: Come and ride the 2011 Logwood Classic MTB route (well the route it was supposed be which is much better than what actually transpired) - it’s the Beauty and the Beast of mountain biking. Beautiful technical tidbits, and beastly hills, with our all time favourites….water crossings! Ok, now that we have scared the green group rider's half to death, they will ride the Logwood Fun Ride route. The remaining groups will ride the 30km Logwood Classic lap, possibly with a start loop. Visitors welcome at the rides at R30 per visitor.

Directions: Take Beyers Naude towards Honeydew, past Garden World Nursery and 800m past Oakfield Farm, turn right at the Old Nooitgedacht road (R114 -Diepsloot) and travel approx. 1km down into a dip, turn left there, at the Logwood Village sign (by the squatter camp). Travel to the T-Junction, turn right and follow the awful sand road with ruts. Approx. Half km further on your left, is Logwood Village.

GPS Coordinates: S26.00182 E27.88339 (degrees)

There are trails around the Logwood area. Don't get your hopes up about hitting the northshore in the bike park. ;)

? :wacko:

Is it not so lekka?

The northshore stuff will no longer be in play. Was insane back in the day.

I do miss the old Logwood. The Zombie Birdhouse was a lot of fun.