Staalwater MTB race

River Rat

Daai teerpas was taai genoeg op teer - so nou's dit jeep. Eish. Verder dieselfde?

dieselfde afstand ongeveer en selfde roete maar net die klim wat bygekom het in die pas se plek en bietjie single track.jy ry glad nie die pas uit nie.die STAAL is nou in die roete :eek:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Elbow is a bugger. I know. I had the "terrible triad" (Google it) and ulnar nerve damage back in 2006 after a stupid fall in Tokai. Indeed - until next time.

Just googled it and it looks scary. Not sure if this is her particular affliction as the X-rays did not show any fracture. Anyway we'll know for sure in the next couple of days.

dieselfde afstand ongeveer en selfde roete maar net die klim wat bygekom het in die pas se plek en bietjie single track.jy ry glad nie die pas uit nie.die STAAL is nou in die roete :eek:

moenie vir bliksembult vergeet nie, yster se berg gaan al jou energie vreet dan raak die laaste 20km laaaaank, dit gaan hierdie jaar beslis STAALWATER wees.

Due to my dear wife's mishap on last weekends Trailseeker we've had to cancel our weekend. I have a 60 and a 30km entry available free gratis and vir niks drop me a PM if you're interested.

Hi,Are your entry,s still available? Myself and my wife would like to enter.Thanks

Hi,Are your entry,s still available? Myself and my wife would like to enter.Thanks

Yes! Pm me so that we exchange details.

But total ascent as per the site is 1000m which doenst sound that bad, or am i missing something?

But total ascent as per the site is 1000m which doenst sound that bad, or am i missing something?

You're right, except what was a fairly tough tar climb (similar to Tokai mast) is now jeep. From the website I see its 250m in 3km. That might take a few minutes. Otherwise mainly farm roads with some jeep track and then one or two km's of single track. Of wat se die manne daar in Caledon se wereld?

Dit gaan staal van 'n ander kleur wees die jaar, al is dit net 'n 3km klim oor die berg is dit nie so maklik nie. die 1ste 250m klim jy 50m voordat dit afplat vir 800m en dan begin jy die laaste 1.8km met 240m klim oor op 'n rowwe jeep track en pasop as jy oorgaan die klippe is lekker los.

Die nuwe klim sal seker ook 'n naam kry na die event.

Vir julle wat nie weet nie Bliksembultjie kry jy met 10km oor, julle sal weet waar sy naam vandaan kam as julle daar kom.

nes jy se jiggs daar was gister al n paar name gegee vir daardie bult,wat erger klink as bliksembult en flymango het 90% van roete gister gery,en daar was toe reeds amper 1200 klim

I take it that most of guys here are doing the 60KM event? I am looking to ride with a group if anyone is keen!

Edited by gwhite

The 60km route of the Staalwater Challenge is a mix of private farms and district dirt roads and is only available as a complete option on the day of the event.

There are two changes to the 60km route for 2012. The start is slightly different to bypass a soaked wheat field and due to roadworks/blasting on Shaw's Pass we have to cross the mountain on a farm track that is sure to be a highlight of this year's route and is sure to be a permanent addition. The climb is around 250m in 3km so it will make the original pass look like a hill and put the Staal in Staalwater! Once over the top we are adding singletrack created by the local Rockhoppers MTB club, creating a nice diverse route for 2012.

Staal water (Steel/Iron Water) referes to the hot springs at our start location.

Below please find the 60km route profile:

http://www.dirtopia.co.za/images/M_images/staalwater_60km_profile.jpg

look at the new profile

The 60km route of the Staalwater Challenge is a mix of private farms and district dirt roads and is only available as a complete option on the day of the event.

There are two changes to the 60km route for 2012. The start is slightly different to bypass a soaked wheat field and due to roadworks/blasting on Shaw's Pass we have to cross the mountain on a farm track that is sure to be a highlight of this year's route and is sure to be a permanent addition. The climb is around 250m in 3km so it will make the original pass look like a hill and put the Staal in Staalwater! Once over the top we are adding singletrack created by the local Rockhoppers MTB club, creating a nice diverse route for 2012.

Staal water (Steel/Iron Water) referes to the hot springs at our start location.

Below please find the 60km route profile:

http://www.dirtopia.co.za/images/M_images/staalwater_60km_profile.jpg

1230m? thats barely a molehill... ;)