Training on IDT

Stifler

I seem to do a lot more IDT sessions now during the week, getting out to fight with traffic isn't that much fun.

Series is/are my only way to pass time easily, movies have quiet moments, then i feel the ride. Lactate intervals, i suffer and watch the seconds tick away, i miss half the series!

I don't have a factory made block for the front wheel, i have raised the front to try level the bike, somehow it just feels more comfy on the road or is that just my mind hating IDT?

Used a fan during winter still to try stay cool :)

Hi, I have been doing lots of hours on the IDT the past few months, and when doing long sessions like 2+ hours on the IDT I find it extremely boring. I tend to grab a magazine/book and end up sitting up and cycle - this is quite a change to my body position when cycling on the road. I was wondering if the sitting up is possibly not that great or if it works other muscles in your legs etc? any help will be appreciated.

I spent some $$ on Graeme Street's cyclocore dvd's some time back and it was the best investment, it keeps me motivated for my idt sessions.

2hrs+ on an IDT...like yoooooorrrr! The max time I spend on an IDT is 1hr, else its 40-45mins which mainly for intervals or recovery. Personally, for Hill training, I'd go to the Hills/up the mountain. No simulation beats that.....

Edited by Scotticus

I'm no expert on training or IDT. Personal experience is that training vids help a lot - currently enjoying these myself:

www.thesufferfest.com

Not everyone's cup of tea - others I ride with swear by Spinervals and Carmichael series.

Also agree, set yourself a program and some goals so it's not just spinning without a purpose. I'm planning on giving this site a try in next few weeks:

http://www.trainerroad.com/

Partly because they have a set of programs that are timed to link to the Suffer videos - so I get the video and music soundtrack I like, with proper training stats behind it.

In the end - I guess IDT is always gonna suck. Just got to find something that works for you to alleviate the boredom, and keep you putting the effort in