IM70.3 SA 2013

Blindspot

Quality sessions and quality rest. Simple formula.

The rain is helping out with that

How was your indoor trainer session?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rain is helping out with that

How was your indoor trainer session?

Fabes.........couldnt do it. Hate that thing, went to a spinning class instead.

Get yourself a Sufferfest video .. helps slighty

yeah I have been at gym all day

You guys are making me all nervous.

My training program started at the beginning of October, and so far I have been sick twice and slack for the rest of the time. Basically, I am only getting to about 6 hours a week at the moment.

I even suffered at the BSG this last weekend! I am seriously worried about the Joburg City olympic disctance this weekend.

Who is in for the JHB City?

For what it is worth, on the bike front, I have taken a Kuota K-factor TT bike and converted it to a drop bar setup with clip-ons. The geometry is a compromise between a TT and road setup, which I am hoping to be the sweet spot for 70.3.

Get yourself a Sufferfest video .. helps slighty

The problem with Sufferfest for me will be that when I start to suffer I will tell myself to relax as the guys on the tele are a bunch of dopers and I will be the official champ 10 years later whistling.gif

For what it is worth, on the bike front, I have taken a Kuota K-factor TT bike and converted it to a drop bar setup with clip-ons. The geometry is a compromise between a TT and road setup, which I am hoping to be the sweet spot for 70.3.

Ja, to be honest, I think for us AGers there's not much point in investing in a pure TT bike, unless you've got your sights set on Kona :P

Whenever I feel the need, I clip the TT bars to my S-Works and do a nice long ride with my seat a bit forward. My times aren't massively faster, but that might have to do with the fact that my normal routes feature lots of climbing and few long, flat roads.

The problem with Sufferfest for me will be that when I start to suffer I will tell myself to relax as the guys on the tele are a bunch of dopers and I will be the official champ 10 years later whistling.gif

Not all of them feature dopers - I like the TT with Sparticus , also him in the classics... why not race the ladies in hell hath no fury then ...

Not all of them feature dopers - I like the TT with Sparticus , also him in the classics... why not race the ladies in hell hath no fury then ...

That must be awesome.

Ja, to be honest, I think for us AGers there's not much point in investing in a pure TT bike, unless you've got your sights set on Kona tongue.png

Whenever I feel the need, I clip the TT bars to my S-Works and do a nice long ride with my seat a bit forward. My times aren't massively faster, but that might have to do with the fact that my normal routes feature lots of climbing and few long, flat roads.

I guess if I had an S-Works I might have kept that, but the Kuota was way cooler than my Spec Allez. I am pretty sure it is only a little faster, but it is super pretty.

the last two weeks I've done around 8 - 10km of swimming per week. Prior to that I wasn't doing much thanks to a broken toe and the flu. Trying to maintain around 32km a month. Doing my first 1km open water swim at ashanti next week. Anyone else going to be there. Am quite nervous

the last two weeks I've done around 8 - 10km of swimming per week. Prior to that I wasn't doing much thanks to a broken toe and the flu. Trying to maintain around 32km a month. Doing my first 1km open water swim at ashanti next week. Anyone else going to be there. Am quite nervous

with swimming 10km per week behind you there should be no issues swimming 1km open water.

Just do it man. it sucks watching / hearing your mates go on about it (trust me that was me the last 2 years hence finally doing my first one). I will also be run/walk/running - just becasue thats how I roll (when not on wheels)

Partly thanks to you ... I got the "Congratulations on your entry to the 2013 Spec-Savers Ironman 70.3 South Africa Triathlon. We have received your payment and are glad to welcome you into this event."

Partly thanks to you ... I got the "Congratulations on your entry to the 2013 Spec-Savers Ironman 70.3 South Africa Triathlon. We have received your payment and are glad to welcome you into this event."

clap.gif Good stuff! I am recruiting all comers but especially those who might not make me look too slow on the rundevil.gif

Saw a tweet earlier that they are now down to less than 100 entries left...

Anyone here doing Slanghoek this weekend? Should be a nice early rehearsal for the 70.3.

Ja, see you there?