Slow and unfit - JHB Training & skills development rides

DR ◣◢

Mind if I join in as well? So it's 2pm at Fratelli's?

yeah sure! the more the merrier!

I don't know who the boss is of these rides (although I'm guessing Slick and SIR Maxxis), but I'm gate crashing!

Oh, and so you can identify me I'll be holding a white rose riding a silver Morewood 4X bike with yellow rims (all my other bikes are incapacitated at the moment... my fault, in fact my DH bike is has now been in its travel box for 1 month after our france trip :blush: )

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More than welcome to come. We have fun and we laugh a lot. Nothing hectic although I am going to attempt something silly tomorrow!

More than welcome to come. We have fun and we laugh a lot. Nothing hectic although I am going to attempt something silly tomorrow!

I may attempt the same something silly you are thinking about but it depends on how my wrist is feeling. I have overdone it with all the work on the bikes, bike riding and abseiling - it's feeling a tad on the stiff side.

BTW, Mrs_Slick will now most likely join tomorrow too.

I don't know who the boss is of these rides (although I'm guessing Slick and SIR Maxxis), but I'm gate crashing!

Boss? Bwahahahaha :lol:. We will pull a name out of a hat and they can be boss. It is super serious bizniz.

Great fun today.

Patches is clearly a super human and put us all to shame on his 4x bike.

Karlheinz6041 has a deathwish following Patches over a ditch jump and almost killing himself.

Skandalis puts out way too much torque and managed to shear open a quick link on his chain.

DeltaAlphaMike is very handy to have on rides. He brings the comedy and a well stocked bag of spares and tools.

Clearly my ass got too big in the last few weeks and I now have to order a new seatpost.

Thanks all for coming today. It was great fun.

Great fun today.

Karlheinz6041 has a deathwish following Patches over a ditch jump and almost killing himself.

Skandalis puts out way too much torque and managed to shear open a quick link on his chain.

DeltaAlphaMike is very handy to have on rides. He brings the comedy and a well stocked bag of spares and tools.

Clearly my ass got too big in the last few weeks and I now have to order a new seatpost.

Was awesome, thanks again for organising!

@DeltaAlphaMike: Thanks for all the help with the mechanicals. Beer's on me next time :thumbup:

Was awesome, thanks again for organising!

@DeltaAlphaMike: Thanks for all the help with the mechanicals. Beer's on me next time :thumbup:

Ah not a problem. But I am sure you noticed all the other guys standing around watching us and talking amongst each other =)

Anywho we must do it again sometime.

Great fun today.

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! Sad I missed out this weekend! I'm in for next time again...if my bike makes it back savely to JHB again (might need a shock pump though, who can help? Noticed it is a but 'pap', maybe its just me that weighs a bit more after the loooong weekend) - oeps

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! Sad I missed out this weekend! I'm in for next time again...if my bike makes it back savely to JHB again (might need a shock pump though, who can help? Noticed it is a but 'pap', maybe its just me that weighs a bit more after the loooong weekend) - oeps

Don't worry Hayley, we can chalk up the pap shock to coastal atmospheric pressure ;)

But yeah, i have a shock pump

I pitched up about five minutes after you all left according the car guard. I tried to catch up ...didnt go so well ha ha. If this is on again next weekend ill be there on time.

**** sorry man. We started a bit late already. You must really have missed us by seconds.

Will be doing it again next weekend.

Critical mass on Friday

Northern Farms on Saturday

Fratellis on Sunday.

Great weekend commeth!

Thanks for the ride guys! Was good fun to take a nice easy one. I needed it!

Next time I'll be on a more practical bike :lol:

You own a 'practical' bike :whistling:

**** sorry man. We started a bit late already. You must really have missed us by seconds.

Will be doing it again next weekend.

Critical mass on Friday Check. Let me know where we meeting

Northern Farms on Saturday Check. Let me know where we meeting....MUST BE EARLY THO..

Fratellis on Sunday. Oooppps....last Sunday golf commitment to sort out......

:whistling:

Great weekend commeth! Hell YEAH!!

There.....sorted. :clap: