The cost of 2013 Argus.....Phew!!

It's me man

I don't think as such that the race entry is that much more excessive than any of the other big races. The real cost is for us oaks up north to come down to do the race. Air tickets, car rental (or petrol driving down), accomodation, food, etc. This adds up to a small fortune if you are going down just for the Argus. ........

About the same as when us Capies do a race in Joburg - Oh, sorry, we never do that! ;) But we do stuff like Sani, and I agree it cost a pack when you add it all up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the same as when us Capies do a race in Joburg - Oh, sorry, we never do that! ;) But we do stuff like Sani, and I agree it cost a pack when you add it all up.

Yip there are a few but most of them stay with friends or family, so it is slapping two flies at once.

Interresting almost half the entrants for the Argus comes from Gauteng then another 10 - 20 % comes from the rest of the country and then the remainders if from the Western Cape. The 94.7 about 80 - 90% of the entrants are local.

You don't realise how beautifull the Peninsula is untill you have been around it on a bike .Bring a novice along and you will hook them on cycling for life.

Interresting almost half the entrants for the Argus comes from Gauteng then another 10 - 20 % comes from the rest of the country and then the remainders if from the Western Cape. The 94.7 about 80 - 90% of the entrants are local.

yip more vaalies than capies on the official entry lists...funny that

No you must rember this is WORLD FUN RIDE CHAMPS, and at R300 or Zim$30,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00,000,000,00, it not a bad deal, and if you are lucky they will even through the cape doctor in for free

Just booked for my son ( 1st argus ) and myself and unfortunately had to renew PPA family membership,

R 1048-00 !!

most of the staff n marshals are volunteers, coke sponsor as do many other headline sponsors, there is a request for R120 donation for cycling development which i don't have a problem with, so where does

R10 500 000-00 go ( 35000 cyclists @ R300 )?

Dont forget that it is 500ZAR for overseas entrants

.......will even through the cape doctor in for free

Never say that word, the superstitious guys (most roadies) will have a fit

It is a lovely ride and without fail well organized but the cost and time involved to get from Joburg to Cape Town make it not worth it for me.

If I lived in CT I wouldn't miss it but it Is a long way to go for a short bike ride from my point of view.

Entrance fee expensive, but full road closure and the spectators make it worthwile. It is the additional costs to get myself, my wife and 2 bikes there thats getting to me. My 10th next year, so I cannot miss the race. Following year??, well time will tell

Remember all the funds they raise they use to fund other rides and give it all to charity. Your entry fee is your yearly contribution to cycling in south Africa and the community in general. ;)

Dont forget that it is 500ZAR for overseas entrants

And then you still have to cross the equator to get there. But it's the choice you make. If you gonna do it, do it. Finish and klaar!

I know it is only a request, and it is optional. And I have no problem with development... But to ask the entrant for a donation of a R120,

I feel is a bit much...If 35.000 entrants paid R120 = R4,200,000...

The Argus @ R300 including full road closure, marshalling, medical cover, sweeping, start & finish venues, secure bike park, the vibe, dancing girls, the people, spectators cheering, the scenery and much more, is an absolute bargain. I rode with my 2 boys and my father last year and would gladly add a zero to the entry cost and still feel that I got value for money.

I agree!....well, maybe a little zero :)

Just booked for my son ( 1st argus ) and myself and unfortunately had to renew PPA family membership,

R 1048-00 !!

most of the staff n marshals are volunteers, coke sponsor as do many other headline sponsors, there is a request for R120 donation for cycling development which i don't have a problem with, so where does

R10 500 000-00 go ( 35000 cyclists @ R300 )?

I have entered my son again for second time and paid the same. Knowing what it meant for my son when he did it @age 11 for first time and for father/ son bonding; it is dirt cheap at R1000.