First aid courses

Tumbleweed

I was reading the thread about the death in the Cradle, and it got me thinking about first aid courses. Have any hubbers done one? Any good recommendations?

Edited by Tumbleweed

I did one through Action Training Academy. They are nationwide (I think).

I think it was level 2 or 3. It was brilliant. It was a one week course and we covered heart attacks, strokes, fits, stabbings, shootings, bone breaks, poisoning, snake bites, choking, burns, drowning and a bit of the legal consequences of first aid. It was worth every cent that my employer paid for it.

I was reading the thread about the death in the Cradle, and it got me thinking about first aid courses. Have any hubbers done one? Any good recommendations?

St. Johns Ambulance.

Plus one.

used to volunteer with St Johns years back.

Great course.

Yeah, also done the St Johns Ambulance course, actually I renew it annually to keep my rescue diver certification valid, its very good but focuses mainly on life support like CPR etc its really NOT aimed at serious traumatic medical issues like say spinal injuries or stabilizing patients etc - thats really for the professionals only.

Actually St Johns will be the first to stress a "little knowledge" can be very dangerous, and personally, unless there was absolutely no chance of professional medical assistance arriving in reasonable time, I really would think twice before attempting any kind of medical rescue where serious trauma was involved.