Shimano mineral oil viscosity

BLACKvoodoo

• 3 weeks later...

Patches, write to Castrol locally and ask them for the data sheet on Castrol LHM Mineral oil. They have to send it to you by law - it is probably on the website anyway. That is exactly the same as Shimano's and you'll have your answer.

In the hydraulic oil business the W in 10W or 5W means nothing. It is a bit like small, medium and large. Not defined. Viscosity is indicated in centistats at a given temperature.

• 3 years later...

The viscosity should be around about 18sCT@40C. This is the same as Castrol LHM Plus fluid. The castrol is just much cheaper to buy.

The viscosity should be around about 18sCT@40C. This is the same as Castrol LHM Plus fluid. The castrol is just much cheaper to buy.

struggling to find in CPT

Wow, talk about digging in bikehub archives, I nearly thought JB was back...

Relative to buying the shimano oil in the little bottles. The castrol at that price is the cheaper option by far. I just like to keep things original.

Edited by RyanD

phoned em all none got

citroen dealers, afaik they use the stuff for power steering units

BMW also, but then you might as well buy shimano

Patches, write to Castrol locally and ask them for the data sheet on Castrol LHM Mineral oil. They have to send it to you by law - it is probably on the website anyway. That is exactly the same as Shimano's and you'll have your answer.

In the hydraulic oil business the W in 10W or 5W means nothing. It is a bit like small, medium and large. Not defined. Viscosity is indicated in centistats at a given temperature.

centistokes - please get it right