Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

heheheh

well as they say, the first step is self admission.

G

The only thing I pass.... is knowing that I fail ALL of those.... :whistling:

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah bud, but you are as tight as a tiger! :whistling:

You have the time and the patience for looking...

And you have self control, patience, and practical thinking...

You dont suffer from "always have to have the best and most expensive syndrome" :whistling:

Erm... Dude. Time? Patience? Control? I have that in SPADES!

:rofl:

Awesme - V meant the RL/RLC and not the CTD (referring to FOX) He must just have eaten his 10th pie of the day and been in euphoria.

Fox is RL/RLC/CTD, RS is RL/RLT/RLT Ti/RC/R2C2

That's what I said... FOX 26" RLC is what you need, will be perfect for the in-between-er.

Hi Cpt

FOX: ok, so the 2012 we talking about RL/RLC where as 2013 we call it CTD. (got to say i like the feature of being able to change this on the fly, but then might just go with a lighter simpler 120mm fork)

Can you explain: RS is RL/RLT/RLT Ti/RC/R2C2

From what I've been able to determine, RS change length by spring lengths (well for 2013 at least), Also they're getting rid of the dual air idea, going solo air rather, simpler, more effective. I'm a strong believer in KISS.

G

Awesme - V meant the RL/RLC and not the CTD (referring to FOX) He must just have eaten his 10th pie of the day and been in euphoria.

Fox is RL/RLC/CTD, RS is RL/RLT/RLT Ti/RC/R2C2

going looking.

G

That's what I said... FOX 26" RLC is what you need, will be perfect for the in-between-er.

PS: Delilah, sorry for having high jacked your build/thread.

V/Cpt, think I'll open a new thread and we can move this there, maybe we can even get the mod's to move some of this there.

G

Hi Cpt

FOX: ok, so the 2012 we talking about RL/RLC where as 2013 we call it CTD. (got to say i like the feature of being able to change this on the fly, but then might just go with a lighter simpler 120mm fork)

Can you explain: RS is RL/RLT/RLT Ti/RC/R2C2

From what I've been able to determine, RS change length by spring lengths (well for 2013 at least), Also they're getting rid of the dual air idea, going solo air rather, simpler, more effective. I'm a strong believer in KISS.

G

IMHO the CTD availability is over rated. I want all my travel available all the time, up or down. If not, you can just have the U-turn of the RS world, which works really well, also on the fly.

As for the move to solo air, I don't like it one little bit. I don't like the fact that a little techie oke in RS has determined that the removal of the negative air chamber adjustability will benefit all riders. That's a lot of differences in rider technique, skill, needs and environments that they have to look out for, and they've effectively made it so that if yu want to change the negstive air chamber, you have to buy a new internal air spring, as opposed to just upping or decreasing the pressure in the neg air chamber.

So... Heirarchy for me would be anything between 2010 and 2012 (dual air) and then only consider 2013, if they don't have stock of those 3 years.

PS: Delilah, sorry for having high jacked your build/thread.

V/Cpt, think I'll open a new thread and we can move this there, maybe we can even get the mod's to move some of this there.

G

ROFL. Yeah, sorry N! Although, you still haven't bought the fork yet, have you... So this is kinda still related to your thread!

Oh, and the RLC FIT is a good fork. Just that I prefer the Revelation RLT Ti. But Kashima is puurrrrrrdy!

Please continue: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/120714-a-little-side-project/

Interesting view's on the Fox CTD and RS Dual air/Solo Air point.

G

/

IMHO the CTD availability is over rated. I want all my travel available all the time, up or down. If not, you can just have the U-turn of the RS world, which works really well, also on the fly.

As for the move to solo air, I don't like it one little bit. I don't like the fact that a little techie oke in RS has determined that the removal of the negative air chamber adjustability will benefit all riders. That's a lot of differences in rider technique, skill, needs and environments that they have to look out for, and they've effectively made it so that if yu want to change the negstive air chamber, you have to buy a new internal air spring, as opposed to just upping or decreasing the pressure in the neg air chamber.

So... Heirarchy for me would be anything between 2010 and 2012 (dual air) and then only consider 2013, if they don't have stock of those 3 years.

Okay, I'm putting together a parts list:

From TheV:

- Groupset and brakes: 2013 Shimano XT in black, 3x10

From CRC and Merlin Cycles:

- Fork: Fox 32 Talas 120 RLC FIT 29er tapered black

- Headset: Hope top integral 1 1/8" 43.95mm ID, Hope bottom standard 1.5", Hope Head Doctor red

- Stem: 70mm 0 deg 31.8mm Easton EA90 black

- Handlebars: Easton EC70 low-rise 685mm 31.8mm

- Seatpost: Easton EC70 zero setback 400mm 30.9mm

- Seatclamp: Hope 34.9mm red

- Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Snakeskin 29er 2.35

- Rear hub conversion kit: Hope Evo 2 12x142mm

- Rear axle: Shimano XTR trail E-thru M988 12x142mm

- Spacers: BBB Ultra Space carbon spacer kit

Already have:

- Grips: ESI Chunky black

- Saddle: Fizik Vesta Kium black

Anything missing? Any bad picks above?

You won't need to worry about the rear axle, your 'correct' frame comes with a dt swiss 142x12.

Wow, going to bed early was a mistake! I missed out on an interesting discussion.

You won't need to worry about the rear axle, your 'correct' frame comes with a dt swiss 142x12.

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up, much appreciated. :thumbup:

Check out link: http://www.merlincyc...ed-steerer.html

Is it this one your looking at?

Yes, that is the one $811.69 - 10% discount = $730.52

Okay, the 2012 frame is packed and ready for the trip back to Cape Town. Clever disguise, no? ;) CWC have arranged for their courier to collect it from my office tomorrow.

post-32658-0-87435600-1347895469.jpg

Still no wheelset. LBS had to order the spokes and they only arrived today :unsure: