Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

TheV

Thats a new weight record...

G

Lol, I currently have 46kgs of bling sitting at customs... finally cleared this after noon... Hope to get it sorted out over the weekend... Besides, last time your bling hung out at my house for almost a month, in fact it moved houses with me.... So sjhhhhhoes and keep quiet...hahaha

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TheV

Thats a new weight record...

G

Yeah, prev largest single shipment was 41kgs....

Itz all D's XTR fancy bling parts that get packaged like are art and not as mountainbike gear.... hehe

hehehe

last time it was my stuff.

Don't worry, have to get my list together, then we'll see how the weight does on my shipment.

G

Yeah, prev largest single shipment was 41kgs....

Itz all D's XTR fancy bling parts that get packaged like are art and not as mountainbike gear.... hehe

But they ARE art :drool:

You going to have to give in and let me build him for you, cuz it will

drive me nutz if some tjop gets the cable routing all messed up and not 100%...perfect

You going to have to give in and let me build him for you, cuz it will

drive me nutz if some tjop gets the cable routing all messed up and not 100%...perfect

And people say I have OCD? :whistling:

Hehe! We'll have to see, someone else called dibs on the build before I even had the first frame! Very kind of you to offer your help and expertise, thank you. :)

Grips... what the plan, colour/make/model?

ESI Chunky red. Light and comfy. I love them.

Bar-ends....please say NO!?

Yessssss! :devil: Cane Creek Ergo II

AND

Dum dum DUMMMMM....

A bottle cage! :eek: Blackburn Camber - trying to decide between red or black.

ESI Chunky red. Light and comfy. I love them.

Yessssss! :devil: Cane Creek Ergo II

AND

Dum dum DUMMMMM....

:ph34r: you just lost -10 points in my book for the bar-ends....

Nooo!

Try not to think of them as bar-ends, but as protection for a nice Easton EC70 bar :P The fact that they serve as an alternative grip area is mere coincidence :whistling:

Fox CTD - nice finish for that black frame.

Does it come with the remote? I see they have a whole fan-dangled system to control both shock and fork.

Possible off-shore source

The picture is of the remote enabled shock. Standard has a manual toggle, much like the RP23.

Fox has an option on a remote that doubles as the remote for the Float front fork, 1 click does both fork and shock. It's chunky and huge but looks good once mounted on a really wide bar. Looks k@k on a narrow bar. Operation above or below the bar either left or right.

The remote enabled shock and handle bar mount are a grand extra but is available with the fork at the grand so you only pay R300 extra for the shock, R1,300 extra if no fork.

Interestingly, the remote also works the DOSS dropper, C=0, T=40mm, D=full down.1 lever for all 3 shock, fork and seat.

I haven't tried the fox remote on a Rock Shox to lock out the fork yet. Next week.

Dum dum DUMMMMM....

Have a look at these bottle cages:

http://www.thehubsa....ttle-cages-22g/

3k gloss, 22g, secure as TheV's grip on his suppliers....land next week.

post-35786-0-89920900-1348808258_thumb.jpg

Hey V :) You're right, the rotors will "round" them off nicely! :D The conversion kit is part of a CRC order that Customs have been brooding over since Saturday <_<

Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't even think of that.

I want to have the frame sprayed with a gloss clear-coat. Wonder if warranty would be affected?

Well, no. Now you put it like that... I'm not at all happy. Did not know that I'm waiting for a shock that is not even available anymore. So next week Friday they're gonna let me know they can't find a shock? :angry:

Also probably not a good idea, I'm 99% sure that your warrenty will become null & void, and changes to the frame will result in the warrenty falliung away. What about looking for a second hand fork, or are you going for a completly brand new build?

Nooo!

oh dear... and here I was, thinking we could be friends.

:lol:

Awww, come on guys. Give a girl a break? On 40km+ rides it really helps if you can shift your grip a bit. Also, I'm serious about the bar-ends being good protection for the bar. These saved my Ritchey Pro Carbon bar on a previous bike when I had a really bad fall in April.

Have a look at these bottle cages:

http://www.thehubsa....ttle-cages-22g/

3k gloss, 22g, secure as TheV's grip on his suppliers....land next week.

post-35786-0-89920900-1348808258_thumb.jpg

I ordered some similar cages from the same place that made the carbon rims. They are nice, but I still prefer the Cambers.

Also probably not a good idea, I'm 99% sure that your warrenty will become null & void, and changes to the frame will result in the warrenty falliung away. What about looking for a second hand fork, or are you going for a completly brand new build?

Darnit. I'm not crazy about matt UD carbon. It scuffs really easily and attracts more dust than a Hoover. I think a protective clearcoat would look better too. I ordered a set of these as suggested earlier in this thread and applying them would result in glossy areas over matt. Yuck. :wacko:

Edited by Delilah