Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

LOL! Thanks HandH! The build will be well documented, with frequent questions, since this is the first bike I haven't bough off-the-shelf as it were.

Sound awesome! Where can one have this done?

Some international online retailers already have some of the 2013 Rockshox models, but either prices have gone up for 2013 or the UK guys are more expensive on forks :huh:

Yeah, CRC isn't always cheaper. Did you try Merlin? Or Patches UltraSecretSuperdupersuperstoreThatTheVActuallyExposedLastYear?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, CRC isn't always cheaper. Did you try Merlin? Or Patches UltraSecretSuperdupersuperstoreThatTheVActuallyExposedLastYear?

LOL! Yeah, I did, but will keep checking back as more Reba models become available. Obviously the fork has to be black :whistling: Wonder of the new Solo air models will also be adjustable with spacers... Me wants 120mm...

This has raised my eyebrow, do share.........??

LOL! Yeah, I did, but will keep checking back as more Reba models become available. Obviously the fork has to be black :whistling: Wonder of the new Solo air models will also be adjustable with spacers... Me wants 120mm...

yeah, sure they will... It'd be silly to go backwards in terms of adjustability. Plus, the spacer doesn't really have anything to do with the assembly itself. It's more of a bumper!

This has raised my eyebrow, do share.........??

Can't remember the name of it, but look for the thread that Patches started in the online shopping section. Something about a super duper super secret online store

Can't remember the name of it, but look for the thread that Patches started in the online shopping section. Something about a super duper super secret online store

www.probikeshop.com

Thanks

Enjoy the Tallboy!

Invest in some decent frame protection - the car stuff (Helicopter tape I think it's called) works a dream but I ended up buying a kit from www.Frameskin.com - it's stood the test of time. More than a year later and the frame still looks perfect. Worth every penny.

Hubs have been sitting around for a while - originally purchased for the Storm, they are 15mm maxle front and QR rear. Will have to buy the adapter kit for 12x142mm to fit the Tallboy.

post-32658-0-89053100-1347520857.jpg

Hubs have been sitting around for a while - originally purchased for the Storm, they are 15mm maxle front and QR rear. Will have to buy the adapter kit for 12x142mm to fit the Tallboy.

Nice Nipples!

ROFL. Sorry, had to...

And don't let patches see your rims. Apparently, black rims are for poor people.

And don't let patches see your rims. Apparently, black rims are for poor people.

That's okay. After this build I will be poor! :lol:

A close-up of the 12k gloss finish:

post-32658-0-75760400-1347523588.jpg

I have those hubs in black. So nice!

The first thing I thought of when I saw the nipples was aluminium oxidising and bonding to the rim, but that's not an issue with your carbon rims.

What do they weigh?

Its going to be a pimping wheelset!

What spokes will you use?

Is your frame's rear 142x12?