Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

Hubs have been sitting around for a while - originally purchased for the Storm, they are 15mm maxle front and QR rear. Will have to buy the adapter kit for 12x142mm to fit the Tallboy.

Is your frame's rear 142x12?

Yep, the frame is 12x142mm. Luckily CRC sells the Hope conversion kit. I think it's about R150, so not bad at all.

Okay, so Splat got me wondering... SC website says TBC has 12x142mm rear, but it looks quite normal-sized to me. Measured it just now and it's 135mm QR - what the heck?! :cursing:

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so Splat got me wondering... SC website says TBC has 12x142mm rear, but it looks quite normal-sized to me. Measured it just now and it's 135mm QR - what the heck?! :cursing:

12x142mm = axle, no drop out, that frame is a standard QR.

It's a 2012 frame, 2013 looks like this:

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/img/product/full/s/snaamnn1-2.jpg

Edited by TheV

Have to agree with The V here... Yours is a 2912 frame that has normal qr dropouts. The 2013 frame has the 142x12 thru axle, which is why The V's pic shows the dropouts as having a hole in them rather than the open ended style that yours has.

Still an awesome frame!

Have to agree with The V here... Yours is a 2912 frame that has normal qr dropouts. The 2013 frame has the 142x12 thru axle, which is why The V's pic shows the dropouts as having a hole in them rather than the open ended style that yours has.

Still an awesome frame!

Dude?, you say it like it's such a big moral no no for you to agree with me? ... hehe and btw, are you saying her frame is back from the future? 2912...really... put the pie down while you type.

And it's not ok, no?.. the lady paid for a 2013 and got a 2012

Edited by TheV

Well isn't this just bloody fantastic? :angry: I asked the sales person repeatedly if the frame is the new revised one and specifically asked if it had 12x142mm rear! He assured me that it was brand new stock. Suddenly not so very chuffed with CWC anymore <_<

Drop them a email, call a manager, new stock and new model def very different.

G

Well isn't this just bloody fantastic? :angry: I asked the sales person repeatedly if the frame is the new revised one and specifically asked if it had 12x142mm rear! He assured me that it was brand new stock. Suddenly not so very chuffed with CWC anymore <_<

Yeah... can fully imagine and appreciate your frustration.

I'm sure it was "brand new" stock, it's just not 2013.

newly unpacked old model. :S

G

Yeah... can fully imagine and appreciate your frustration.

newly unpacked old model. :S

At R23 000 for the bare frame one does not expect to get stuck with an old model. I mean, seriously?! Wasn't the frame revised back in April already? But in good ol' jolly SA we STILL have the "brand new" old frames...

Well I'd be on the phone,

explaining my unhappiness as politely as possible without using to much french.

back'd up by the emails where you spoke to the CRC sales man to ensure it is the new 2013 model.

G

At R23 000 for the bare frame one does not expect to get stuck with an old model. I mean, seriously?! Wasn't the frame revised back in April already? But in good ol' jolly SA we STILL have the "brand new" old frames...

And btw... Still within the obligatory 7 day return period... So unless they can do a swop on the 2013, and if they have stock, money back and go elsewhere for the one you actually wanted.

Dude?, you say it like it's such a big moral no no for you to agree with me? ... hehe and btw, are you saying her frame is back from the future? 2912...really... put the pie down while you type.

And it's not ok, no?.. the lady paid for a 2013 and got a 2012

Typing on the 'pad. Does funny things sometimes