Importing a bike into Kenya

Pilks

My dad has bought a new bike and wants me to fly up with it to Kenya next week.

First of all the most common question I know, What do i need to do to be able to fly it up with me with SAA?

Next is What is the best way to not have it confiscated at customs in Kenya?

thanks

My dad has bought a new bike and wants me to fly up with it to Kenya next week.

First of all the most common question I know, What do i need to do to be able to fly it up with me with SAA?

Next is What is the best way to not have it confiscated at customs in Kenya?

thanks

Simple.Declare it and pay what ever is due.

I intend to pay it, not that cheap. Any idea what the import tax rate is for Kenya?

No idea...google it

I have friends who live between here and Malindi but they are there now so cant ask them

Riding it there would be the fun option but the old man wants the bike new not second hand due to my horrific MTB skills.

Googling the answer to the Tax question seems to be a little bit confusing but from what I gather it is Zero Rated in an effort to promote bicycling(nice country).

Do I need to notify SAA that I am bringing a bike ?

Riding it there would be the fun option but the old man wants the bike new not second hand due to my horrific MTB skills.

Googling the answer to the Tax question seems to be a little bit confusing but from what I gather it is Zero Rated in an effort to promote bicycling(nice country).

Do I need to notify SAA that I am bringing a bike ?

No

Pack it in a box and declare it on checkin.It will cost you more

Go to SAA website and they will have a section on sports equipment.Cmon man....do some work.Not difficult!!