New Meaning to hitting the wall.

covie

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Cyclist-slams-into-brick-wall-20120916

Cape Town - A cyclist is in a serious condition in hospital after hitting a brick wall head-on in Camps Bay, Cape Town on Sunday, paramedics said.

ER24 spokesperson Andre Visser said the cyclist, in his 30s, lost control of his bicycle and hit a kerb.

"The cyclist was catapulted over the handlebars and collided head first with a brick wall."

He was taken to hospital with suspected back, neck and head injuries, said Visser.

I think, this might be the same accident scene in Sea point (right after the traffic circle) border Banty Bay, just a few meters from the Peninsula Hotel.

I hope his injuries are not to serious.

this is no laughing matter. a friend's brother t-boned a car about 10 years ago when an old lady reversed out of her driveway - he broke his neck.

he lay there unable to move or feel anything below his chin, was on life support for months, and is still wheelchair bound.

he was a top athlete at the prime of his life, studying at varsity, and with his whole life ahead of him. now he suffers from constant depression.

i really hope this person is OK.

Edited by sadamhussein

I have it under good authority that he is ok. He was discharged from hospital this afternoon.

Good to hear.

Wonder what happened that led to the crash?

Good to hear.

Wonder what happened that led to the crash?

Not speed that kills.....It's the sudden de-acceleration that really stuffs you up.

Glad to hear the dude is OK :thumbup: