BridgeCycles - disgrace

MariusL

This is not the Bridge Cycles I know, I know you cant just pop in because they are quite busy but not because anyone isnt willing to help

Anyway they'll have to watch themselves this can spread like wild fire

I use the shop in Hout bay, small but quite personalised and pretty good prices

I dont use the shop in Hout Bay anymore since they replaced my brakes after they were supposed to fix my broken seal and charged me full price for the new set,.....and kept my old brake set.....bad business practice if you ask me. Havent been back since.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, I think the point has been made your buddy went to Bridge and got bad service and possibly thinks they were quite underhand ... its all possible but those guys have been going for years with a loyal following they must be doing something right

You not gonna change the guys that are loyal to Bridge myself included

There's a guy who posted about a shop in Hout Bay about what he thinks is bad practice .. thats his choice but knowing the guys there a few things dont add up, be that as it may I'm not gonna get all cut up about it

Its interesting that your mate didnt post about this but chose you to slag a bike shop off .. If he was that pissed maybe he should have sent them something in writing... as they say pen is mightier than the sword

Agreed Wapad.

It takes a very special type of attitude to get the "I'm walking away" response at Bridge. Always they are VERY patient with anyone and I've seen some serious time wasters walk through those doors, some serious crooks too, e.g. okes bring bikes in there for a "warranty"claim because they were JRA and The chaps at Bridge take them at face value. (One of my other LBS has a special JRA rack in their workshop)

E.G. a few years ago a customer brought a carbon wheel in for warranty, Claimed the spokes failed. They took his word for it. I was hanging about looking for new tyres and had a quick look at the wheel and spotted that the "collapsed" wheel had a ding on its outer edge where the failure occurred Clearly the rider had hit a pothole, cracked the rim and it failed some time later. The salesman also saw it but said, he'll let the agent know but ask them to replace it under good faith anyway. The customer didn't deserve good faith but he got it anyway.

Bridge has a good rep with its distributors and they work together to keep a lot of customers happy. That's why they exist for 25yrs is a cycle retailer, despite during the "good old days" other shops trying to close them down because of...............historical reasons....- Ask Mr Cloete snr how tough it was in those days to survive when they operated out of a hole in the wall at a service station in Landowne Rd.

That's my experience of how far they go to keep their customers happy even though its "the cajees" of Cape Town (I like Cajee's too...)

There are people, relatively recently onto the scene who want their bums to be buffed and polished when they walk through the door because "they're special". They want up to 15% discount before they've spent a dime and the tactic is too hold the Gold Card in their hands as if that's worth anything. HA HA,thumbdown.gif

The thing I love about Bridge, is that the service you get from them is related to the type of customer you are to them. Treat their business and culture with respect and they respect you back. That's why they have a loyal following for a quarter of a century. Treat them like a band of thieves and you deserve to have someone turn their back on you. Cause and effect.

Then there is usual complete disregard from certain customers towards cultural courtesy. I won't bother going into that because most wouldn't understand anyway, but expecting London service in Dubai is just plain ignorant and disrespectful.

Strange we NEVER see threads on disgraceful customers. All honest agents I guess.