Carbon Frame Respray

Peewee1

So since I twisted my ankle last week, I decided to take on the job of sanding and respraying my Scott Scale frame. Finished putting the bike back together last night, and still deciding on decals etc. Total cost so far is around R500 materials and about 6-7 hours of hard labour with all the sanding.

post-18770-0-77779700-1347971871.jpg

post-18770-0-68075000-1347971873.jpg

post-18770-0-63711600-1347971876.jpg

So lots of wet sandpaper, went all the way down to 150grit and finished off with 1200grit.

Plascon Touch Up Auto paint in a spray can - works like a bomb but probably would have worked better if the weather was better.

Rustoleum Satin Black to do the front

Hammerite(cant remember how to spell it) to paint the cable hangers and dropouts etc.

and some other bits and pieces.

Just need to get the rubbing compound to clean a drip or 2.

And thats that. Was damn hard work, but happy that I did it.

post-18770-0-35990300-1347972003.jpg

post-18770-0-56726100-1347972014.jpg

Nope not keeping it plain, will be some branding on there soon. Still deciding what I want to do. But happy to be done away with the white. The previous paint job was really shoddy.

Looks great. If anyone wants to do a respray but not as handy as Peewee1 I just had my road frame done!!! It looks great!!! U can contact for a quote in JHB area!!! She does a great job!!!!

nette@hotmail.co.za

• 3 months later...

So lots of wet sandpaper, went all the way down to 150grit and finished off with 1200grit.

Plascon Touch Up Auto paint in a spray can - works like a bomb but probably would have worked better if the weather was better.

Rustoleum Satin Black to do the front

Hammerite(cant remember how to spell it) to paint the cable hangers and dropouts etc.

and some other bits and pieces.

Just need to get the rubbing compound to clean a drip or 2.

And thats that. Was damn hard work, but happy that I did it.

Looks really good ! Looks professionally done ...

Wow!! Nice..I love the hub especially for threads of this nature.

Nice going Peewee1!

Edited by YUMEYA

That came out really nice. I would replace the original logos but in a dark gunmetal perhaps with a black shadow behind the Scott logo.

Oh and get some frame protection on there ASAP. You DON'T want to ding or scratch that nice shiny new paint job!!!

That came out really nice. I would replace the original logos but in a dark gunmetal perhaps with a black shadow behind the Scott logo.

Oh and get some frame protection on there ASAP. You DON'T want to ding or scratch that nice shiny new paint job!!!

What he said.

Awesome finish dude. Protect it yesterday!