KILLARNEY

degody

Wonderful racing last night!

My total time was 43:53 for 10 laps / 32.7km resulting in an average of 44.7km/h. Last lap to catch +1 was done in 4:04 / 3.3km / 48.7km/h!

I hit a MHR of 97% in lap 3 and lap 10.

nice one andydude... from next week i should be free. always makes for good interval training

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question.Tuesdays are PPA training nights - open to all.I thought Wednesdays were for league riders only but I've been hearing different stories.?

No - Wednesdays is not for leaugue guys - anyone is welcome. Yes, our structure is different and race gets pretty fast - but thats the fun of training.

Yes, I agree there, like yesterday we caught Plus 1 before the last corner...and then they get in the way....so I didn't even bother sprinting as I don't want to sacrifice my bike cause of crashing into slow people.

I think they must add a rule, when you get caught and you know you won't attempt the sprint, keep as far to the left as possible rather than everyone free wheeling in the middle down the straight....

Otherwise...another awesome night :)

Sorry to whoever got caught but it should be a natural thought to move out of the way

nice one andydude... from next week i should be free. always makes for good interval training

Yeah won't do that on my own! I see my whole last lap was done at 94% MHR.

See you next week. Nice way to get the legs going before Lady Loch.

Sorry to whoever got caught but it should be a natural thought to move out of the way

I would think it's safer to hold your line and not to try and get out of the way, as long as +1 doesn't hug the whole road. They didn't last night and it was just unfortunate that we combined just before and on the last corner.

Perhaps you scratch riders should have caught us plus 1's earlier... :whistling:

Perhaps you scratch riders should have caught us plus 1's earlier... :whistling:

Yes, I agree there, like yesterday we caught Plus 1 before the last corner...and then they get in the way....so I didn't even bother sprinting as I don't want to sacrifice my bike cause of crashing into slow people.

I think they must add a rule, when you get caught and you know you won't attempt the sprint, keep as far to the left as possible rather than everyone free wheeling in the middle down the straight....

Otherwise...another awesome night :)

unless it's changed handicapped racing means you race to catch the plus 1 and plus 1 race to stay away. when you catch the group ahead of you then the race has been neutralised and whoever wins wins. this type of racing is big in Os. the old Typo Cycling Club used to have a handicapped race over 100 k's.

unless it's changed handicapped racing means you race to catch the plus 1 and plus 1 race to stay away. when you catch the group ahead of you then the race has been neutralised and whoever wins wins. this type of racing is big in Os. the old Typo Cycling Club used to have a handicapped race over 100 k's.

Yip, don't know if the scratch group was just toying with us, but there was quite a bit of excitement in the +1 group when the last round bell chimed and we were still ahead.

Agree'd, but if you don't want to contend for the sprint why not move out of the way to let faster riders through rather than making it dangerous by blocking the racing line?

I must make it there one evening.

Sounds like fun.

And pain.

:-p

Edited by ' Dale

Yip, don't know if the scratch group was just toying with us, but there was quite a bit of excitement in the +1 group when the last round bell chimed and we were still ahead.

Yeah I think we realised half-way that we should rather try to catch you first before attacking each other like crazy! It was a good night.

Well said ccc2.

In the ol' Killarney days, any of the Scratch+1 guys who got points, had to move to the Scratch group at the next Killarney Wednesday event.

Quote of the night - on the 2nd last corner of the last lap looking back at Scratch creeping up on us, "This is going to get interesting.."

What a night of racing - can't wait for next Wednesday!

The PROs hold their line as it is a more predictable, thus safer, way to not contest the sprint.

i always hold my line in the sprint, but then there's usually no-one behind me...