MTB 29er - Budget 12k-15k ?

farrelc

Budget 13-15k - Need to be competitive for regular PPA/CSA/Dirtopia races and daily fitness riding on eg. Majic Forest or Meerendal.

My old 2002 26er has reached its limit.

My preference in order,

1. Merida BigNine TFS 900-D - R13000 - 12.7kg - Awesome ride and brakes are sharp, got loan bike and comfy and tough.

2. Scott Scale 940 - R14999 - 11.9kg - Well spec'ed, Didnt feel right on the bike, but only road around inside the shop.

3. Merida BigNine TFS XT - 16999 - 12.4kg - Obviously same ride as the 900-D, just better spec'ed and weighs a tad less.

4. Giant XTC 29er1 - R13500 - 12.7kg - Would like this bike, but Spec'ed to low, but nice frame and could feel it when I sat on it. Sat very similar to Merida

I might be getting the 900-D, just because I got the loan bike and liked it. Am I rushing things? Where can I get a Scott or Giant to test ride in and around Bellville or Cape Town?

Scotts are awesome

got the 2012 pro and it rides like a dream and you cant beat it for weight to price ratio

I'm in the same boat bru :thumbdown:

TOO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM :ph34r:

2013 Axis A10 = +-13k

2013 Titan 29er Pro, best specced = TBA tho :whistling:

and for 17.5K you can get a carbon momsen sl629

Anyways..maybe some patience will yield a better result...as you wont be the only one stil waiting :cursing:

Vida 1 = R17k - Looks nice. :-)

Momsen al729 = R19k

bit out of my price bracket.

No it's not I wanted to buy one of those two as doner bikes (chuck the frame put on a imported one)

and could get both for 15k and under - phone around and bargain with the lbs, dont just accept the price tag it's on the floor for bru

Edited by Cav'

Merida Big9 TFS 900D. You cant beat value for money and price!!!!!! You must also remember all the R&D that filters through from the world champion and Olympic Gold Medalist men and lady that are currently riding for them. there is a lot to be said for that.

Scott Scale Team not bad, but don't want spring loaded forks ever again, nothing just above that?

I don't think I can go wrong with the Merida BigNine TFS D-900 though. Noone dissing it. :ph34r:

Just called cyclecity for test ride on the Scott Scale 940, but they can only get demo bikes in 1 or 2 months. Not gonna wait that long.

Anyone know of place that does have demo Scott Scale 940?

Anyone know where I can get Merida BigNine XT for R15k?

why don't you just buy a 26" on sale? with all the fools insisting on 29" in SA there are a couple of excellent bargains out there