Ya ya, another Northern Farm thread

Honkdonk

Agreed Honkdonk... was also there on Sunday and it's looking amazing!! Nice to see they're adding some trails too!

Where are these trails approximately?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to go and check it out. Haven't been for years...

was there a couple of month ago, rode the longer route was enjoyable. - had to bomb out early due to fading light (only missed the last 3 km or so.)

previously not a big fan of NF, but the sandy river section had me grinning. Not really a big climbing venue.

was there a couple of month ago, rode the longer route was enjoyable. - had to bomb out early due to fading light (only missed the last 3 km or so.)

previously not a big fan of NF, but the sandy river section had me grinning. Not really a big climbing venue.

I know the rocky section at the river, but sandy? Where about is it?

I know the rocky section at the river, but sandy? Where about is it?

The long single track next to the river - starts about a click from the bridge along the river road. Very sharp turn and drop off to the river.

nf sand.pdf

The long single track next to the river - starts about a click from the bridge along the river road. Very sharp turn and drop off to the river.

nf sand.pdf

Well done on the drop off, good idea lining it with a wooden mat. Had great fun there on saturday.

Where are these trails approximately?

There is a new section just up from the Hippo dam, as well as some new singletrack and a 'rock garden' along the very bottom track.

nf sand.pdf

awesome thanks, will have to go check it out.

And that new 'Root Garden"? Holy cr@p I saw my @rse there. Is it even rideable?

Yes, quite hectic. There used to be a bridge there that made it rideable

The root garden used to be a wooden bridge, but it got wiped out in the fire a few months back. However its a nice challenge now, not sure if there are plans to rebuild it... either way I dont mind. A good 26/29er challenge.. :ph34r:

Nice of ianhoy to commit, there is so much that can be done there and it is awesome to see that you are soldiering on with a goal in mind. Keep it up! :clap: We all know it takes money and time, so its nice to see someone involved taking a interest.

I was at Groenkloof yesterday and although its rocky and has some climbs and giraffe etc, its... noisy and I felt like I was never far away enough out of the madness.. :nuke:

The root garden is perfectly ridable. Did a low flight through there on the SS this morning. Quite daunting doing it for the first time but very good.

Happy to report that NF is in the best condition i have ever seen it. Great route markings and wonderfully packed from the recent rains.

Highly recommended.

The root garden is perfectly ridable. Did a low flight through there on the SS this morning. Quite daunting doing it for the first time but very good.

Happy to report that NF is in the best condition i have ever seen it. Great route markings and wonderfully packed from the recent rains.

Highly recommended.

Is it tricky enough for long travel?

You wont even feel it on a long travel bike.

Want to go try it on the dualy this weekend. Should be proper fun.

Then again the workout on the SS is just so rewarding.

How are your knees today?

The root garden used to be a wooden bridge, but it got wiped out in the fire a few months back. However its a nice challenge now, not sure if there are plans to rebuild it... either way I dont mind. A good 26/29er challenge.. :ph34r:

Nice of ianhoy to commit, there is so much that can be done there and it is awesome to see that you are soldiering on with a goal in mind. Keep it up! :clap: We all know it takes money and time, so its nice to see someone involved taking a interest.

I was at Groenkloof yesterday and although its rocky and has some climbs and giraffe etc, its... noisy and I felt like I was never far away enough out of the madness.. :nuke:

Try Voortrekker Monument as you enter the gates look to your left for the MTB boards then enjoy some lekker singe track nice rock gardens and climbs and flats as well as downhill plus SUN is free really nice and challeninging