Giro d'Italia 2013

tombeej

The Giro 2013 race organiser defends their choice of the 3 wild card entries... and left out Katusha...

"All Katusha's problems went against them but I think they lost out more because what Rodriguez said (about wanting to focus on the Tour de France). That didn’t help them in the fight for a Giro d'Italia wild card for sure. The possible presence of Menchov obviously wasn't enough…."

Story here

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick... while the hub history is jorked can we rewind and change my bet who will Giro in 2013 now that wiggo has withdrawn?

The only time the Giro left the Italian borders this past weekend.

Brrrrrrrrr

http://d1x60095yl7hhg.cloudfront.net/potd_4366515.jpg

Quick... while the hub history is jorked can we rewind and change my bet who will Giro in 2013 now that wiggo has withdrawn?

i thought he was back in the race now?

Time for the sprinters to come out and play again.

C MON VIVIANI!!!!!

http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/static_images/ciclismo/giroditalia/2013/tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_17.jpg

i take my hat off to manxman... hanging tuff and still sprinting.

He's been awesome.

What a rider!

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/giro13st16eh_051_dog.jpg

i take my hat off to manxman... hanging tuff and still sprinting.

Yup, been doing well. Today should be another stage for him, but I wonder if he will rest the legs a bit before the three hectic mountain stages to come and try for the final days sprint which is always very sought after.?

On the other GC competitors Nibali has shown everyone a clean pair of heels, no one has put him in any kind of difficulty and he looks very much in control.

Personally I doubt Cadel has the ability to gain back 1.25 on Nibali to top step on the podium unless Nibali gets sick or has a terrible day, probably I think he will just be aiming to secure his present position but, he needs to keep looking back, as he has some serious competition snapping at his heels. Scarponi and Uran will both be eyeing his spot and both are more than "adequate" in the rare mountain air.

AHEM 'dale.........did you not say it would be "surprising" if Scarponi was still competitive in the final week.?

Hmmmm, me thinks he is not only competitive but aggressive, he is looking for a podium spot and his best terrain is still to come. :rolleyes:

Yes, GOG, Scarpo' looking hungry and even attacked Nibs on a descent yesterday.

Hope he can hit podium and get Sky off it.

Two Italians split by an Aussie sounds good to me...

Really enjoy the protagonist in Vina Fantini this year and AG2R hunting the white jersey...

Yes, GOG, Scarpo' looking hungry and even attacked Nibs on a descent yesterday.

Hope he can hit podium and get Sky off it.

Two Italians split by an Aussie sounds good to me...

Yeah, I am feeling quite bullish about old man Boots (Scarponi), :) he looks really strong and focused, not that young any more either, but Yup, as strong as an ox.

Really enjoy the protagonist in Vina Fantini this year and AG2R hunting the white jersey...

Great little team Vinni Fantini, had a good Giro as well in my opinion, Santambrogio has been an absolute revelation, who had even heard of him prior to the Giro,.......but now he is a household name.