Cervelo soloist

zee

thinking of buying cervelo soloist team.is it worth it or is there a better bike out there in the same price range.

Rather buy a carbon Giant for a similar price...

...but don't YOU have a Cervelo?!
Willehond2008-01-20 11:42:37

Yes... He said Soloist Team... It's an Aluminium frame that isn't cheap in my opinion. I would rather spend the money on a Giant TCR with Ultegra. A much better frame for the money in my opinion. Now, the Cervelo Soloist Carbon... Let me explain it this way, Sharks have no natural predators, why? Because they are the top of the food chain! That's what a Cervelo Soloist Carbon is.. I can't say the same about the AL frame.

Pantani2008-01-20 12:00:33

Team Cozmetek - Sotheby's team bikes for 2008. Had it since the begining of Jan and for it's size it's SUPER stiff and SUPER fast... 20080120_120424_soloist_hub.JPG

Yes... He said Soloist Team... It's an Aluminium frame that isn't cheap in my opinion. I would rather spend the money on a Giant TCR with Ultegra. A much better frame for the money in my opinion. Now' date=' the Cervelo Soloist Carbon... Let me explain it this way, Sharks have no natural predators, why? Because they are the top of the food chain! That's what a Cervelo Soloist Carbon is.. I can't say the same about the AL frame. [/quote'] Dude I don't give two sh*ts if the Cervelo was made from woven grass or seaweed, a Cervelo is a Cervelo that's it! What did you say something about Top of the bike chain? Big%20smile

OK, are we talking about the Soloist Carbon or the Soloist Team????? There is a difference you know? 

3 years ago I had the option of buying a Soloist Team... Bought a TCR Advanced with Ultegra for the same money. Then before I bought my Soloist Carbon, was offered a TCR Advanced ISP, but like I've already mentioned, the Soloist Carbon has no competitors...

get the Soloist - very stiff and the same geometry as the other Cervelo bikes (R3 and  Soloist Carbon)

i think it is still used in the ProTour by CSC.

i ride mine 4 out of 6 days and i am very happy with it - the only thing i would suggest is to get a carbon seatpost and if you can some carbon bars - the alu frame passes ALL road vibrations.

i suspect that the Soloist Team is about the same weight (if not lighter) than the suggested Giant.

the added bonus is the powdercoat paint on the frame - it wont scratch and is really easy to clean!