[Event] Cradle Quest 2012

GrootSeun

Just putting it out there for youngsters like karma

Rule #9

// If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Fair-weather riding is a luxury reserved for Sunday afternoons and wide boulevards. Those who ride in foul weather – be it cold, wet, or inordinately hot – are members of a special club of riders who, on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing rain falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Front pads - 0%

Rear pads - still some left but not much

These look good, compared to the tangled mess I took out. Even the spring mechanism was toast...

These look good, compared to the tangled mess I took out. Even the spring mechanism was toast...

Really toasted them!

Rule #9

Fair-weather riding is a luxury reserved for Sunday afternoons and wide boulevards. Those who ride in foul weather – be it cold, wet, or inordinately hot – are members of a special club of riders who, on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing rain falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work.

Let this be a lesson to al out there.....hahahahahahaha!!!!

Like I said before, I am super surprised how much pad life my brakes have left. Maybe it was the mud slowing me down and not my brakes! If I had ridden the entire course I am sure I would have logged a 8-hour ride.....

Rule #9

Like I said, I've spent too much money on my bike over the last 2 months, just to be a hard-ass, race in those conditions, and break more stuff.

Call me a sissie, but my pocket says thank you after I saw what happened to some bikes on saturday.

Is it true that the organiser got a R1500 fine from the cops about the 70km riders crossing a public road, which he didn't clear with metro?

After this weekend we are in two minds about riding the 24hr.

Agreed, the toilets were NASTY.

I must admit the waterpoint we stopped at was well stocked with bar ones,watermelon, bananas, potatoes, coke.

Like I said, I've spent too much money on my bike over the last 2 months, just to be a hard-ass, race in those conditions, and break more stuff.

Call me a sissie, but my pocket says thank you after I saw what happened to some bikes on saturday.

and the solution is: Scott

Won't lie but that was the hardest thing i have even done. 35km, 6 hours, two tubes, brakes under assessment, shock stuck in lock, etc..... but i finished.

That mud was just insane, fun but insane. Don't think i'll be riding in the rain for awhile.

Agreed scott all the way!

Why? Please explain why a Scott would be so much better? would the frame NOT get dirty?

The stuff that break are components, not the frame.

Is it true that the organiser got a R1500 fine from the cops about the 70km riders crossing a public road, which he didn't clear with metro?

After this weekend we are in two minds about riding the 24hr.

Agreed, the toilets were NASTY.

I must admit the waterpoint we stopped at was well stocked with bar ones,watermelon, bananas, potatoes, coke.

Shame to the organisers for yet another overlooked item

I saw someone spraying "Spray and Cook" on his bike and wheels prior to the race start. Did this prevent the clay from sticking?

Edited by divernick

I saw someone spraying "Spray and Cook" on his bike and wheels prior to the race start. Did this prevent the clay from sticking?

I looked at my tyres/pedals and recall reading about mud-shedding. I still wonder how that works