[Event] Cradle Quest 2012

GrootSeun

So the Merida which I was hoping to ride has no fork. I wanted to put the Green fork from the Trek on but I think the steerer may be too short..... That would be the prize for the quest. I could build the Trek up (the GF's old bike) and use that. I also have a White fisher frame which I may make into an SS bike. And yes thats the yellow monster. After testing it on some dirt yesterday it is far from VG fit. The handling was not made for VG rocks and decents ha ha.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saving that for 94.7.... I weighed it. 25kg's with a 42x20 gearing. Takes 2 different spanners and a star screw driver to take the back wheel off to change the tube.....

Anyone has elevation stats on the 35km?

From previous half marathon VG races I would say in the region of about 400m. There are only two climbs on that route the one is the concrete slabs to the top(its a bitch no two ways about it) and tant miems which is next to a tomatoe farm...not that steep and if you keep a good cadence you can acutally blast up there.

3rd nomination for the quebeka bike....cmon gords, how many times in your life does a moment like this come along, a moment where you can be a legend...the bike might take your life...but it will never take your freeeeeeeedoooooooom.

Inspired yet?

I will start with the Merida, failing that I will move onto the Trek, failing that I will go the Gary Fisher and lastly the Yellow.... Not my bike anyway and I was supposed to hand it back after 94.7, but hey I heard it may want to do a criticalmass ride. Imagine what we could load on the back of that bike............

I will start with the Merida, failing that I will move onto the Trek, failing that I will go the Gary Fisher and lastly the Yellow.... Not my bike anyway and I was supposed to hand it back after 94.7, but hey I heard it may want to do a criticalmass ride. Imagine what we could load on the back of that bike............

You changing the subject....gords, let get real now

Merida is out = fork won't fit and you a scottsman and buying a new one just for the race will kill you

Kerry's old trek = An option but it has a green fork...nuff said

White GF = Same as kerry's old bike

The yellow monster = Be the braveheart you know you can be. Arive at the starting line...people want your autograph, chicks are asking you to sign "swift01" on their boobies...you will have a long day out, but just think about the reception when you come in for the last 100m...kick the stand out, smash a beer and bask in the glory of what you just did. Start thinking about making swift01 pajamas for kiddies, eu du swift01 aftershave(for the man that wants to smell hardcore) and your own cereal brand.

You changing the subject....gords, let get real now

Merida is out = fork won't fit and you a scottsman and buying a new one just for the race will kill you

Kerry's old trek = An option but it has a green fork...nuff said

White GF = Same as kerry's old bike

The yellow monster = Be the braveheart you know you can be. Arive at the starting line...people want your autograph, chicks are asking you to sign "swift01" on their boobies...you will have a long day out, but just think about the reception when you come in for the last 100m...kick the stand out, smash a beer and bask in the glory of what you just did. Start thinking about making swift01 pajamas for kiddies, eu du swift01 aftershave(for the man that wants to smell hardcore) and your own cereal brand.

I think I should have come round last night to let you ride the yellow monster. By the way i did take it on some dirt last night. Sketchy....

I can buy another Manitou fork just like mine but 80mm for R1999 brand new, trouble is it is RED..........So I could re-build the Merida.

I am going for the Trek. Supposed to handle well in the single track and never gotten my hands on it before. Was thinking to ride it now before the GF starts to build it into her SS bike....

Saving that for 94.7.... I weighed it. 25kg's with a 42x20 gearing. Takes 2 different spanners and a star screw driver to take the back wheel off to change the tube.....

whistling.gif whistling.gifwhistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

@rouxtjie I can arrange another yellow monster and we can ride the quest together :-)

Seriously I am in....organize it, and I will do it...did I mention the signing of boobies

I think I should have come round last night to let you ride the yellow monster. By the way i did take it on some dirt last night. Sketchy....

I can buy another Manitou fork just like mine but 80mm for R1999 brand new, trouble is it is RED..........So I could re-build the Merida.

I am going for the Trek. Supposed to handle well in the single track and never gotten my hands on it before. Was thinking to ride it now before the GF starts to build it into her SS bike....

Blah blah blah blah blah .....All I am hearing are those noises on peanuts when grownups speak.

Yellow monster yay or nay...bearing in mind I will do it with you if you can organize me one.

Edited by rouxtjie

Blah blah blah blah blah .....All I am hearing are those noises on peanuts when grownups speak.

Yellow monster yay or nay...bearing in mind I will do it with you if you can organize me one.

+1 vote for Yellow.