Road Bike Consideration

TwiggzSA

Thanks for all the advice guys, I took it to heart and got a GT Series 2. Alu frame, carbon fork, Shimano 105 groupset (Tiagra front derailleur) including wireless computer and water bottle cages for R7400. Basically brand new, hardly been ridden.

I thought it was a good deal and exactly what I needed and looking for. Thanks All!

Nice. Those GT's are good bikes, from what I've read & heard.

Yeah, most of the reviews I read gave it a respectable 4/5 stars and place it in the solid value for money range. So for my needs it is right in the sweet spot.

There are good deals out there for second hand road bikes, not sure if it's only now or if this is how the road bike market normally is, I'm not moaning.

Enjoy your bike, those GTs are great machines.

Put on a decent set of wheels and really good tires and you have a race machine of note.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I took it to heart and got a GT Series 2. Alu frame, carbon fork, Shimano 105 groupset (Tiagra front derailleur) including wireless computer and water bottle cages for R7400. Basically brand new, hardly been ridden.

I thought it was a good deal and exactly what I needed and looking for. Thanks All!

Sounds like a sweet deal there.

Congrats.

Congrats. Enjoy the bike! You will be amazed at the difference in rolling resistance from the MTB to the skinny wheel bike. Enjoy each for their own unique characteristics and be stoked you have different tools for different riding options! Your single biggest and most noticeable upgrade is wheels. Make that your next focus and check for some deals. What wheelset is on the bike now??

Congrats. Enjoy the bike! You will be amazed at the difference in rolling resistance from the MTB to the skinny wheel bike. Enjoy each for their own unique characteristics and be stoked you have different tools for different riding options! Your single biggest and most noticeable upgrade is wheels. Make that your next focus and check for some deals. What wheelset is on the bike now??

Thanks, looking forward to getting out for a ride and experiencing it. Already signed up for the Die Burger Cycle Tour.

It seems my next purchase is going to be wheels for both my MTB and the new addition. At the moment the wheels are stock standard Alex ALX200.

What would the next logical set up be for wheels, considering that I don't plan on spending more on wheels than I did on the bike.

Thanks, looking forward to getting out for a ride and experiencing it. Already signed up for the Die Burger Cycle Tour.

It seems my next purchase is going to be wheels for both my MTB and the new addition. At the moment the wheels are stock standard Alex ALX200.

What would the next logical set up be for wheels, considering that I don't plan on spending more on wheels than I did on the bike.

American classic 420 aero or ksyrium elites or Easton ea90 will all be massive upgrades and cost you between 6-8 k.

Wheels can easily cost as much as the bike!

American classic 420 aero or ksyrium elites or Easton ea90 will all be massive upgrades and cost you between 6-8 k.

Wheels can easily cost as much as the bike!

My bank manager is not going to be happy.

Bike: R7K

Wheels: R6K

Feeling while riding on chapmans peak: PRICELESS!

My bank manager is not going to be happy.

Bike: R7K

Wheels: R6K

Feeling while riding on chapmans peak: PRICELESS!

That's the spirit!

Keep your Alex wheels for training and you will really feel the difference on race day.

Of course I can never bring myself to ride the Aksiums anymore...