Mtb. Who is getting 1 x 11 ?

RoboLuke

What I do not understand is how this groupset can be more expensive than your "normal" groupset...this XX1 does not even come out with front derailer + shifter. blink.png

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I do not understand is how this groupset can be more expensive than your "normal" groupset...this XX1 does not even come out with front derailer + shifter. blink.png

The cassette costs big money, I held one the other night, you can't believe how light that thing is.

The Crank is quite special and that blade is also quite an expensive part of the package.

The chain felt like nothing I have picked up before, would have loved to have weighed it.

It all looks great and will build a super light bike.

Only two negatives is cost of course, till they go the same route on X/O perhaps ,and anyone in the market for a group set will need a new fee-hub body.

Edited by Dangle

It would be interesting to see a time trail comparison / analysis of the 3 different systems with the same rider, same course, same conditions expressed in effort (Watts and HR), time taken and the weight saving in grams.

While i'm sure there are riders capable of using fewer gears to ride a given mtb course, how much benefit is there really...

This sounds vaguely like the 26 vs 29 debate. While I'm here, let me state that I think 26" is better.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, we don't get enough chance to shift through so many gears...

I think the problem isn't shifting, it's more a matter of running out of gears on downhills., but then again if your legs are strong enough you can go for a 34 or evem 36 is front.

Those X0/XX gripshifts are superb at shifting lots of gears at once.