The solution to (drunk) motorists killing other road users? Opinions/Suggestions:

Bennie Dikwiel

...blahblahblah...

Anyway. Most of You cyclist people are like BMW people. Annoying as F. .U. .C. .K

Relax champ. Any compelling arguments you (might've) made was just sent down the shitter with your last statement. Super mature. Edited by Ricky Bobby

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear.....

The problem @neutral is that you are looking at one particular incident here, and one of the few, if not only incidents where the perpetrator has actually been caught (yeah yeah.. innocent until proven guilt and all that malarkey). On an annual basis we hear through this forum of MULTIPLE deaths through hit and run incidents so of course the guys blood boils (do a search for words like "another cyclist down").

Objectively when debating in such a forum you need to learn to ignore the call for death and sodomising and focus on the discussion at hand, but as said - the blood boils with anger!. Until a case is made for Reckless driving (under the influence/speeding etc etc) these acts will carry on. The cyclists are standing together and wanting to use this as that case. As far as I am aware the PE cycling community is actively involved in this case and not merely just sitting back from behind a forum as you suggest.

oh...and by the way calling cyclists annoying as f@@k on a cycling contest is not going to win you any popularity contests

...you mentioning the emotional state of the family has no bearing on the point i was making.

The family was pulled out of church to let them know their husband and father was killed. You're right, no emotions envolved.

But then the law has to change to fit in. Making a martyr out of one guy when so many others have done the same as him

He is not a martyr...many drunken driver that have killed others in cars have been charged with murder so I don't actually know what you are on about...

Funny this, the accusation that this thread has no contributions regarding solutions to the problem of drunk drivers killing cyclists. But I for one made a few. Instead, we have "Why drunk drivers killing cyclists is not murder". I don't see how that addresses the question? If there was a serious intention to focus on getting people to see the difference between culpable homicide and murder (which IS important) then why not start a separate thread?

And the only "solution" that's been offered is to keep cyclists off the road. What a joke.

Seems like malice aforethought lurks here too.

Is it just me or is it mad how people turn up on a cycling forum and then have a go at cyclists? There was that 4X4 driver on another thread recently as well.

Yes you had a go Mr Neutralthinker. As annoying as BMW drivers indeed. So you have issues with people that can afford a decent car as well as with cyclists?

Yes it is wrong to call for a person to be sodomised but it is a result of anger and fear. Logical reaction you might even say. Turn some of the understanding you demonstrate you possess when defending a drunk driver to understanding why cyclists on a cycling forum would be a little irritated when a fellow cyclist is run over and left for dead on the side of the road.

I'm actually just keeping you guys going till the 7th of december when hes going to court again. hopefully

and then hopefully gets the maximum penalty

So everyone relax

I just hope they find a better solution and deterrent to this problem

@neutralthinking..."A friend of mine phoned me a night or two after that happened and My initial response was. Hopefully Andre learns his damn lesson now."

Oh so he so he did this before!!

Not knowing the law is no excuse for the crime!

No emotion... just facts..

He got into a car drunk... he started the car drunk... he (presumably) put the car into gear and started driving drunk... he (presumably) stopped(at a intersection) drunk... he (presumably) drove across and intersection drunk... he (fact) hit a cyclist drunk... he made a decision again(drunk) to leave the cyclist... oh shame because he was drunk you understand that he left the scene of the crime[sic, cough, vomit!!]

OK let me get this straight.. you want me to have sympathy for someone who being drunk operates "heavy dangerous machinery" not alone... but where other people could get hurt... somewhere where your child is playing!...[sic] just starting a car drunk should be an offence[sic]! then for every second after that when the drunk idiot made the choice to keep doing this illegal, stupid (add your superlative) act... he should be charged with the same crime as the worst of the list of crimes he committed in his state! and they should be bundled together and served consecutively!

It is naive of you to expect people who are in harms way every day to have have sympathy for a person who makes an already dangerous place to cycle - our legal right to have equal rights on the road - even more dangerous..

I do not think a drunk driver is any less scum than home invaders that kill a family[sic]... what... because he has no malice he is a victim of alcohol? getting into the car as the ignorant F.U.C.K. that he is.. (yes here is emotion :) ) you can only spin a revolvers barrel so many times before probability turns to FATE... if you dont see that... you should be charged with ignorance! ..and the punishment for that should be cycling on a never ending road where there are only drunk drivers that have not learnt their lesson... ahhh that feels better!

The best solution is a tried and tested solution: make everyone sooo **** scared to get into their car drunk/drugged/tired/on EPO :) -oh sorry thats the bike!

PS @neutralthinking: i think your rim is a bit tooo close to your frame... I think you need to get your wheel trued!

Ill ask you what you asked me. Cant you read?

You getting angry. yay.. Good for you

I'll put R50 on is that Neutral is no more than 24 years old.

Saying: Most of You cyclist people are like BMW people. Annoying as F. .U. .C. .K

And following up with: I'm actually just keeping you guys going till the 7th of december when hes going to court again. hopefully

and then hopefully gets the maximum penalty

So everyone relax

I just hope they find a better solution and deterrent to this problem

Sounds to me like you finally got the message and are running away with your tail between your legs? If you want to make such a strong stance then best you stick to it...plus 7 Dec is still a long way away...

Sounds to me like you finally got the message and are running away with your tail between your legs? If you want to make such a strong stance then best you stick to it...plus 7 Dec is still a long way away...

Only 16 days .....

I might have missed this, but is the driver out on bail or enjoying state hospitality behind bars at the moment?

Only 16 days .....

I might have missed this, but is the driver out on bail or enjoying state hospitality behind bars at the moment?

he is under house arrest.