VINTAGE CENELLI SINGLE SPEED - TREASURE OR TRASH?

Lucky Fish

Heartcoppi's the man who knows about these things. Even if it's not a Cinelli, it looks rather nice. How does she ride?

Dalem, I can't say I rate Raleighs highly, perhaps 'cos my boet had one in the 70s and it was a tank of note. That said, to me, all old bikes are worth something.

We'd need close ups of the head tube, drop outs and BB shell to be sure.

That Raleigh would be worth something just for the raleigh Springs badge.

The bike was R995

You'd have to find the right collector who'd pay that for a piece of history in the badge.

• 2 weeks later...

In the end it turned out NOT to be Cinelli. The frame, after stripping, revealed the words "Super Vitus" . So here it is complete with toe clips and all! The one thing missing is the frame stickers that I ordered. But for now it is ready for a test drive.

post-9640-0-48034200-1351087442_thumb.jpg

In the end it turned out NOT to be Cinelli. The frame, after stripping, revealed the words "Super Vitus" . So here it is complete with toe clips and all! The one thing missing is the frame stickers that I ordered. But for now it is ready for a test drive.

post-9640-0-48034200-1351087442_thumb.jpg

NICE!!!!

I have an old Gazelle Trim Trophy with full Campy Record Nuovo gruppo. It rides like a dream, will be riding it at the CM on Friday evening.clap.gif

Loco

I nearly said I'll see you there then I saw you are from Jeffreys. I'll be at Critical Mass in Johannesburg.

Loco

I nearly said I'll see you there then I saw you are from Jeffreys. I'll be at Critical Mass in Johannesburg.

biggrin.png