AMASHOVA

Peter Parker

All I wonder is how the guys in Durban / North coast manage to do a 100km (road) ride ????

Easy, you start at the beach front, ride UP the M19, then up Field's Hill to Hillcrest, Botha's Hill and onto to the T-Junction just before Cate Ridge and back... much better than riding the flat route around the Lido week in and out.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see any crashes.

Did see one lady lying in the middle of the road but the medics were around her. She was alone.

When I eventually got a new chain and was mobile again I was overtaking a lady on a MTB and while she was taking a drink from her bottle she lost balance but somehow managed to unclip but the bike fell over.

That XPS banner also got me, I thought that was the finish just to realize that I still had about a km to go.

This new chain... Hopefully it is made by Shimano, or the make at least starts with an S? :ph34r:

Guest Travis.

It was a lekker race, I'll definitely do it again. Started in F with a few mates, but lost them within the first 8km up the hill. Tried waiting while slowly spinning along, but they never pitched. Decided I'll soldier solo. Was well on my way to break 3hrs, but started cramping on 70km (obviously because of lack of training) and ended on 3:24. Not too bad seeing as I started training a month before only on weekends.

Oh, and I also took the time to do the big swing at Moses Mabida! What a rush!

The sweep truck is the sweep truck, not an anti hijacking unit. The incident happened on the m13 highway in the middle of Pinetown, and the route has followed that road for years. It's hardly a poor choice of route on the organiser's part Falco, and they cannot be at all places at all times to prevent a random hijacking by thugs. There are incidents at all races, and that doesn't make them poorly organised.

The race does not go through the centre of Pinetown it goes down M13 into Durban

Yeah, I agree 100%

Well said Falco.

No food at the tables, water (if avail) was warm.

Not worth it. Rather put the extra bucks towards the Argus.

We had a report from our water point managers they say they did not run out of ice - ?? the race does not go through Pinetown so the bike jacking was not part of the race!