Pronutro Active - New Protein Shake

P.A.K.

Pronutro released Active, a high protein shake.

Who has seen it? Used it? What do you guys expect of this product?

I suspect the pricing will be better than most others. Who knows what a tub goes for?

Source:

http://www.fastmovin...ets-active-1676

http://foodstuffsa.c...category-launch

http://www.fastmoving.co.za/img/activitylinks/2153_proactive-berry/proactive_berry_link.jpg

ProNutro is proud to introduce the Special Edition ProNutro Active range: A range of high protein shakes that have been formulated to meet the needs of an active individual who leads a high performance driven lifestyle. ProNutro Active is high in energy, carbohydrates and protein while also being low in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.

The formula is in line with current evidence and guidelines for recovery nutrition across a range of sports and ranks high on the list of protein foods generally recommended for training requirements. A single serving of ProNutro Active is equivalent to two cups of pasta and a chicken breast.

When compared to ProNutro cereals, ProNutro Active is easier to consume, and lower in volume, fibre and fat with an improved carbohydrate-to-protein ratio. Containing 18 vitamins and minerals as the ever popular ProNutro cereals, ProNutro Active helps provide sustained energy throughout the day.

ProNuto Active shakes are a tasty, convenient and on-the-go meal supplement that mixes easily with either milk or water. The shake can be diluted to suit any dietary needs – whether you're on an energy-restricted diet, have high energy and protein requirements or have an active younger child. Available in 3 flavours – Vanilla, Tropical and Berry – ProNutro Active is the perfect addition to any active individual or family's daily meal plan.

Edited by P.A.K.

Have used it for the last month or so, its okay, I mix it with vanilla milk. Still prefer my 32gi vanilla protein shake

Have used it for the last month or so, its okay, I mix it with vanilla milk. Still prefer my 32gi vanilla protein shake

32 Gi has a protein shake??

I've used the Pronutro Active shake. I think it recommends mixing with water, but then it tastes quite horrible. I think the whole carbohydrate and protein mix might work quite well, I'm not sure, but I do know that they need to improve their consistency at least, to make it a bit more palatable. I will mix with milk in future and update.

A tub goes for about R60 at the moment at my local Pick n Pay, which I must say is very cost effective as a protein shake.

Any idea what they use as a protein source? I'm guessing at this price it's probably soy, which I'm not too crazy about.

Its a bit like porridge. Even mixed with lots of liquid. I don't really beleive that is anything more than a carb shake and PVM and the "real" nutrition guys have a better take. Didn't like it and am not convinced that it was any better than well (over) soaked pronutro

I've used it, and prefer it above many of the others. But I think its personal preference.

It is expensive though - you need 2 scoops per serving, so there are only 8 servings per container (R7.50 per serving) - you might as well buy Kaspari for that price...

I think there are actually only 6 full servings per container. The container is 480g, and a serving is two scoops = 80g. Thats like R10 per serving.

Yes... I saw that. For R10 per serving there are much better stuff available on the market!

If you can manage the taste - PeptoPro is excellent

• 1 month later...

I don't like Protein shakes at all but this stuff just tastes awesome to my tastebuds and makes me feel great afterwards , never had that before with a protein shake normally they make me feel sick. But it is damn expensive...