Mark Cavendish to join Omega Pharma-Quick Step

shaper

Team Sky is all about GC guys. Wonder how he is gonna gel with Boonen?

Edited by MCipollini

Tom Boonen has said that he would welcome the arrival of Mark Cavendish at his Omega Pharma-QuickStep team next season. Cavendish has hinted that he may leave Sky this winter due to the limited manpower the team has been able to devote his sprint train and Omega Pharma-QuickStep has been widely touted as a potential destination.

“Cavendish and I have had a few clashes but there has always been mutual respect

http://www.cyclingne...harma-quickstep

Edited by ChazZ

If I recall Boonen said he would welcome Cav to the team

Why wouldn't he? They have different goals.

Now he can be Boonen's bitch!

He's light years faster than Tommeke in a straight up sprint.

Boonen said. “Well, in nine out of the ten sprints that I would contest, Cavendish would not normally be there any more, and I don’t mind leading out the other sprints.

“I’d even be happy to. It’s much more fun when you are on the Tour de France when you know someone on the team can win three or four stages.”

Jakes, go take your rat muti...

Tommeke has now settled into a Classics legend. That'll be his focus.

So, Cav has the sprinting train all to himself as the team doesn't have a Grand Tour favourite, especially with Leipheimer out.

He's light years faster than Tommeke in a straight up sprint.

Boonen said. “Well, in nine out of the ten sprints that I would contest, Cavendish would not normally be there any more, and I don’t mind leading out the other sprints.

“I’d even be happy to. It’s much more fun when you are on the Tour de France when you know someone on the team can win three or four stages.”

Jakes, go take your rat muti...

Just teasing bud! Nobody can take him on a flat sprint and it probably will be like that for many more moons. I think him and Boonen would do well together